“Amazing room with the view”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #38 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I stayed in the Marina Bay Sands for three nights on a business trip. It was a beautiful hotel. I got upgraded to a nicer room with a view of the downtown. My room was modern, huge and very clean. In the evening I have the view of the water and laser show. I stayed at many other hotels and I can comfortably say that this is a great value hotel. I would stay here again.
The only thing I did not like was breakfast. It was way too crowded at 8 am so even the selection of food was good, I just felt overwhelmed and grabbed the first thing I saw. If you want calm breakfast, plan on getting there early.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear paloma_v, thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your room upgrade and that you had a pleasant stay with us. I regret to hear that your experience during breakfast was affected by the crowds. Rise Restaurant is a top choice amongst our hotel guests and we do have various breakfast options at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands for guests who prefer an alternative dining experience.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what our destination has to offer.

There are newer reviews for Marina Bay Sands

Reviewed April 13, 2012

It is a given that the view is the wow factor. Both sides of the Skypark gives a view of everything around Singapore and a view that I have never experienced before.
Almost everything else about the hotel is a let down except maybe the taste of the cocktails... The cost of drinks and food is simply ridiculous, the staff are impersonal and impolite and only one place to hang your towel (if you were like me and didn't know that a little switch is automatically on do not disturb and not please clean then you will have wet towels)!
Back to the skypark... There are probably enough seats for less than half of the people staying at the hotel so it's a bit of a mission to find seats for a group of four. The good thing is a third of the pool is off limits to children. The rooms are not very sound proof and you can here the people in the next room.

All in all there are much nicer, more friendly hotels in Singapore than the Marina Bay Sands. Maybe it's worth staying at this hotel for a night or two to experience the pool and view.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jesschristie

Dear Jesschristie,

I regret to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay and that our service delivery did not match your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our Front Office department heads to ensure that our guests are informed of the functions in the rooms upon check-in.

I will share your comments on the noise levels you experienced in your room with our Operations Management team for review.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Excellent service despite the huge size. I was actually surprised when an IT specialist was sent to my room at 1 am to fix my issue. Very friendly and accommodating staff

Room Tip: a must try for all
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Fayyaz S, thank you for your positive feedback. I am thrilled to hear that our service standards exceeded your expectations and that our Team Members’ friendly disposition left a positive impression. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Was really looking forward in staying here... During my travels I have been watching this hotel being built and made sure I would stay as soon as I could.

We arrived very early in the morning (way before check in) ... So they kindly too our bags so we could walk around and look at the hotel. We had some breakfast which was horrendous. People were pushing and tables were cramped in. Food quality was like a school canteen... And over priced.. Very very disappointing.

We made our way up to the sky deck where the pool is. The view is absolutely beautiful. The pool has two areas. One for families and one where children are not allowed. I thought this was a nice touch for couples looking for relaxation. Lots of places to sit in or out of the sun.

Our room had the worlds most comfortable bed a lovely view of the ocean... BUT.... The air conditioning didn't work for a while and the room service was soooooo over priced (bowl of chips $20 Singapore dollars)

This hotel is so large that it's hard to get personal service, really, you feel like just a number here.. So I would only suggest you stay for the experience of swimming in the pool....you can get better service and quality for half the price elsewhere. Very very average.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EmilyFijiLomani

Dear EmilyFijiLomani, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I regret to learn that your recent stay with us was not a complete success. I have sent you a private message to ask for more information. We would like to look into the details for our review and appropriate action. Thank you.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel's shuttle bus driver Mr. Lawrence Boon gave us a warm welcome at the airport and definitely started off our experience there on the right foot. Checked-in quickly even though we arrived before 3pm.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cricket03
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear Cricket03, thank you for your compliments on our Team Member, Mr. Lawrence Boon.

I am delighted to learn that he contributed to your comfortable stay. I will certainly convey your kind words to him and his Department Head.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed here over easter in a group of 4 adults who all hadnt been to Singapore before. Easy check in, easy to get to. My friends asked to change rooms as the neighbours were noisy and the staff immediately gave them a new room. 6 lifts per tower is helpful due to the amount of people staying there. Room was nicely laid out with good amenities, just smelt a bit musty.

Pool is really long and has lots of beds, didnt have a problem getting 4 beds together everyday. its also open until 11pm which is great, can look out on the city view at night in the pool.

The shoppes attached to the hotel are 99% label shops with a few places to eat.

There is always a taxi outside when you need one which is really good for time management.

We wanted to extend our checkout to 5pm as our flight home was at night and the staff kindly gave it to us for nothing, usually it costs half of the normal room price! And to add to the generosity, the hotel also credited us $100 per couple on our first day to use at the hotel for the inconvenience to my friends when they had to change rooms.

Overall, its a nice hotel and the staff are very helpful. The people who were the rudest were some of the other tourists from a particular Asian country beginning with C.

Room Tip: I chose a premium room which was on the 42nd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tamasin101

Dear Tamasin101, thank you for taking the time to share your review.

It is our goal to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay and I am glad to hear that our Team Members were able to accommodate a transfer for your friends to a quieter room as well as provide you with a late check-out.

Rest assured that I have shared your feedback regarding the smell in the rooms with our Housekeeping Department Head for their review.

Thank you again for your positive review and I hope to welcome you and your friends back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed in January 2012. Upon arrival we were told we could not get into our room until 5.00 p.m., but they offered us the Hospitality Suite in Tower 2 on the 2nd floor.
I was a bit disappointed we were not going to be able to be higher up in one of the towers, but upon seeing the size of the room and the porter informing us it was a great room much bigger than the normal ones I was glad we had it. It was huge and the bathroom was to die for.
The pool was great especially swimming in the early morning as there weren't as many people then. Watching the mist rise over the building was fantastic. The breakfast was great and the surrounding shops etc. unbelievable.
We would love to stay again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela G

Thank you for your review, Pamela G. I am delighted to hear that you found your room to your liking and I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy your time at the SkyPark infinity pool.

I would love to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future and I hope that you will be able to experience more of what our destination has to offer on your next visit.