“First time in Singapore”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #40 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed @ Marina Bay Sands Tower Suite. For an extremely expensive hotel it is poorly run.
Suite was small, TV did not work, had to call to clean room @ 4 pm. Poor service. There is no set organization. Restaurants are completely overpriced. Stay away from "Santi" restaurant, had terrible meal with a very expensive price. Would not go back to hotel or restaurant.

1  Thank Charles J
Write a ReviewReviews (23,176)

Reviewed October 10, 2011

stayed here for 1 night just recently in Oct and was wowed by the rooms. We had a king & a twin deluxe room and both were larger and more luxurious than I expected. The bathrooms were huge with shower and bathtub, separate toilet and large counter. A whole family can enjoy with lots of space! The beds were comfy and I really had a nice night's rest there.
The view is wonderful - both the night view & day view. We stayed on the 32th floor. Im really impressed with the electric operated curtain system. It was a nice effect. The in-room free wifi service and also on the deck was a good addition. Facebook post away people!
We also went up to the Skypark which was on the 57th floor and the view was naturally spectacular. A dip in the infinity pool on the deck is also a must-do when you stay at MBS. Go early as it gets crowded very quickly as its a popular spot in the hotel. (I felt the water was too chlorinated though...)
Enjoyed a fun and lovely stay at the MBS. Not so sure about the service, food or staff as we didnt get room service. We did ask for ice buckets and it was quite prompt - so service should be OK & above average.
Location wise its not as accessible as a hotel with a subway at the basement but Singapore is small and everything isnt too far away. Easily accessible by Taxi or walking. There's alot to do in MBS resort itself - shows, top restaurants, casino, conventions, shops of all kinds etc.
Generally all round great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and 1 year old son stayed at the Marina Bay Sands during the Formula 1 weekend. We stayed in Tower 1 on the 31st floor and in a room at the end of the tower. Due to this, our room was significantly larger than other standard rooms. Our view looked out onto the marina and the Formula 1 track was easily viewable.

During qualifying and the race, the rooftop pool was able to be used. I in fact only watched half the race at the track, and returned to the hotel to watch the end of the race from the top of the hotel.

Overall we loved the hotel. They were very accommodating to our young child, including when we took him to the chocolate buffet where they gave him crayons and paper to draw on.

Service first class.

Only criticism was that the hotel is far away from MRT stations. Due to the F1, Promenade MRT was not accessible from the Sands and you had to walk to Marina Bay Station (10-15mins walk). They are currently building a MRT station adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank MichaelAndCass
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We booked a Club room at Marina Bay sands as a stop over on our way back to Sydney from the UK. After our 14 hour flight all we wanted to do was to check in, have a shower and a quick bite to eat.
We arrived at Singapore airport to be collected by the hotel bus which was nice and watched a video on how the hotel was a modern day built miracle. We arrived at the hotel at 6.30pm well after the 3pm check in. We had paid $1585.00 for 2 nights to stay in a "Club room" which includes breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks and canapes, We were very excited about the hotel and even more excited about the amazing roof top pool.
When we arrived at the hotel, it was like a circus people everywhere and nobody to help you.
On check in we were told at 6.45pm that our room was not ready and that we had to wait between 1-2 hours. This is when things went from good to bad very quickly. I am not sure that after 3 hours past normal check in, why our room was not ready. I was starting to get a little mad when they kept saying sorry we have no rooms ready. They then offered to pay for us to have dinner in the restaurant and wait, but after a 14 hour flight, being hot, tired and in need to have a refreshing shower I was not happy to sit there and have dinner in the state we were in.
They then offered us a room with 2 single beds...yes for a happily married couple who wants single beds??? We were meant to say in a King size Club room on the 37 floor and that's what I paid for and wanted. I think that, that is reasonable. We when got offered a Suite room on the 14 floor. At this stage I was over it and over Marina Bay Sands even before I had checked in. Keep in mind that we were at the check in for 1 hour as the young man behind the desk had to check and recheck and call someone on the phone, and then call the manager who then also called someone on the phone. All of this was about 1 hour of people who seemed to have no idea how to handle this simple problem. I must say I was very reserved, unforgettably the man next to me was shouting so loud that even I felt scared as he was being told the same thing, that his room was not ready....
We had dinner at the buffet which was over $250 and on the second night pizza in the hotel restaurant which was $140 yes for pizza. I am happy to spend money but it was very expensive.
My advice is not to eat in the hotel or the shopping center that is also owned by the hotel and venture outside to eat.
The service from the hotel staff who working in The Club room eatery was very good and the food that was included was very nice.
The pool was amazing and was really the only reason that made me book this hotel.
In the end if you want the experience go for it, but we will not be staying or recommending it to our friends. We were a little disappointed in the Los Vegas of Singapore..

Room Tip: Book a Club room as it includes all of those little extras.
6  Thank holidayhappiness76
Reviewed October 10, 2011

My partner and I booked a club room for one night and took the ''free'' bus to the hotel. Firstly we stopped at every terminal for about 5 - 10 mins which was a huge waste of time and nobody got on the bus at terminal 2, 3,or budget. This irritated me extremely as it was my birthday we had shelled out 700 dollars plus and had to wait a very long time to get to the hotel. Another couple commented they should have shelled out for a taxi.

Then arrived at the hotel eventually and asked for directions. Staff member viewed our itinerary sheet which was clearly marked club and directed us to check in. This happened another two times as we felt the directions were wrong. I also asked where club check in was and was directed to the wrong counter. Once we had checked in we commented we wanted to go to the club. The member of staff said we could have afternoon tea in our room (like I wanted to shell out for mini bar when we had bought a club room). Directed us to a lift which didnt go directly to the club so we walked back to a lift directly to the club.

Once we finally reached the floor with the club a member of staff directed us to ku de ta when we asked for the club lounge thankfully we realised thsi otherwise we could have accidently spent hundreds on drinks.

Found out later you can transfer lifts on the 55th floor. However I feel thats fine if you didn't buy a club room and you just want to see the pool but we had paid one of the top rates.

Everytime we went into the club the staff were very snobby and asked us in an accusing manner whether we had club access and our room number.

The club did serve nice food however the vibe in the club was so pretenious I felt out of place and I have been to hotel clubs before.

The pool was ok but too crowded and very cold.

The view at night from the pool area and surrounds is very romantic.

One postitve note was that the hotel bus also takes you back to the airport and the porters took our bags directly to the bus.

Overall I am very disappointed and will probably never go back to this hotel even though I am going to the 2012 formula One.

5  Thank rogersgrac
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn about the challenges you and your partner experienced that may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience.

Please be assured that we are always reviewing ways to fine-tune our processes to ensure better efficiency and invest in training to constantly improve the quality of servive delivery at our various touch points.

We value your patronage and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you and your partner back to stay with us and regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

The hotel is very nice and modern. The architecture is amazing and the view is absolutely fantastic.
However inside the hotel you feel yourself like in a business airport or train station. There is too many people around. Not only hotel guests (some >2500 rooms!) but in addition there are function guests and lots of visitors.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest possible room available (in the same price category) in order to get the best vi...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at the Marina Bay Sands Resort in Singapore. The hotel is beautiful and classy; and a bit pricy. But it was worth it. The Sky Deck pool is amazing and an experience all itself. Staff were extremly friendly and helpful. Food was great. Rooms were very clean and spacious (stayed int he club room with the "Asia Dining Destination Package"). We had a problem with the package due to a private event that trumped us, but the staff was extremly apologetic and tried to find ways to make up for it. While a little expensive, I would strongly recommend a 2-3 night stay to anyone looking for a fantastic Singapore experience.

Room Tip: We had a club room with a view of the bay! All the ships anchored off the coast made for an incredi...
2  Thank John B
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the Asia’s Dining Destination Package and that you enjoyed your time at the infinity pool.

We regret to hear that you experienced challenges with regards to a private event that was held but we are glad to hear that our Team Members were able to deliver at their various service touch points effectively and leave a positive impression on you.

We look forward to your next visit to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.