We spent four nights at this hotel from 13-17 June, more out of curiousity than anything, in a Horizon Grand room in Tower 1 on the 42nd floor. We had spectacular views of the city and bay. The room was huge, lovely big marble bathroom with a full bath. The room was spotless. Be careful of electronic bar fridge because even if you lift something from its position it automatically gets charged to your room after so many seconds even if you put it back down. There is no room to put in anything of your own but you do have the option of asking for another fridge or they will empty the bar fridge for you on request at no charge. Tea & coffee facilities available. Air conditioning in the room was a little noisey, not good if you are a light sleeper.
Worst check in system I have every experienced, long queue but staff stood by offering juices which was a nice touch. No seating though if you are elderly so could be uncomfortable for some. Huge noisey foyer with many people around all hours of the day and night, not very personal and lacks the WOW factor, very clinical with no warm and cosy atmosphere.
Restaurants are very expensive as are the drinks, could only afford to have one each night. We ate at the food court, quite a long walk to get there but very cheap with a large choice of local food if that's what you like. Has a skating ring alongside, good if you have children.
Went into the casino to take a look (we don't gamble). Nearly every second person smoked, couldn't get out of there quicky enough. I thought smoking was banned in these places! Floors above were smoke free, funny when you think that smoke rises although I think they have a huge extractor system to remove it, however, you still inhale it as you walk past the smokers.
Free shuttle bus from airport which was good. Just need to show your reservation. We found the staff in the hotel to be excellent, very helpful, nothing was too much effort despite some of the complaints from others on this site. We were lucky I suppose.
This hotel lacks some of the personal touches of other cheaper hotels such as chocolates on your pillow at night, daily delivery of a newspaper and turning down your bed at night. Quite a walk to the MRT (train station) but taxis I found to reasonable for getting around and there were plenty of them available. We used the business centre for the internet, you get 3 hrs free/day which was more than adequate for us.
We wouldn't stay there again as we just wanted the experience of trying it at least once. It was quite pleasant but the money spent wasn't justified. As far as recommending it to others, everyone needs to make that choice themselves. I did read comments from Trip Advisor before we chose this hotel. This site is fantastic and I use it all the time.
The funny thing is, is that Marina Bay Sands encourages its guests to post comments on this site, can't be doing its reputation too good looking at the latest comments. I hope they are taking note and will implement changes to ensure a more pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore