I stayed at the VIP Hotel last year for three nights when I traveled to Singapore for a conference. All in all, I thought this hotel was certainly not bad, although there may be better options in Singapore within the same price range. See list of pros and cons below.
1. Size of the rooms - this was one of the best things about VIP Hotel. The size of the rooms was massive. I was booked in a Suite, although I think the other rooms are also quite large, especially for size standards in Singapore's hotel industry. The Suite had a nice small backyard patio, two huge beds, and a very spacious bathroom with a built-in tub-shower. It was nice to come back to a spacious room after a long day and stretch out. In addition, the beds were very comfortable.
2. Service - the people working at the front desk were all very friendly, among the most friendly hotel staff I have met through stays at different hotels in Singapore. They always had a smile on their face and were willing to help call a cab or to give directions.
3. Serenity - the room and hotel in general were very quiet. Part of this has to do with the hotel's location, as it is located in a quiet neighborhood away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore's more fast-paced areas like Orchard Road or Bugis.
1. Smell in room - I must first specify that the room (and bathroom) was very clean. However, upon entering my room, there was a musty/damp smell in the air. Thus, one of the first things I did was to open the windows in the room a little and let some fresh air circulate around the room to remove the smell. Turning on the A/C machine also helped. However, the smell itself could never completely be eradicated. Part of the reason for the smell may simply be Singapore's constant and inescapable humidity. Perhaps the hotel could look into de-humidifiers for its rooms. Or, you may wish to do a quick olfactory inspection after you check-in to your room (I don't know if all rooms have this smell problem, or if it was just the one I stayed in) and inform the front desk as necessary.
2. Tiny insects on desk - One day while working in my room, I noticed tiny insects near the corner of the desk. Before any reader is too scared after reading this, I can say with certainty that these insects that I saw were NOT roaches. They were very tiny and gray-ish, and they did not look like ants, either. Again, as I wrote above, the room was clean, and so I do not believe the presence of these insects had to do with the cleanliness of the room -- I am guessing that their presence had to do with, again, Singapore's tropical climate and perhaps the location of the hotel (there seems to be more greenery around the hotel). I didn't find these tiny insects to be bothersome for me, but you may want to do a quick inspection of the room upon check-in and request a room change if necessary.
All in all, VIP offered big rooms at a very affordable value for Singapore.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your VIP Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- VIP Hotel Singapore