Went as a group of 3 to celebrate a friend's birthday. We thought that as the restaurant of a boutique hotel we might find a quiet 'gem' of a place. Unfortunately not. Where to begn?
- food was ordinary, bland. Dishes that looked good in writing had an uncanny knack of turning up as a very plain version of what you weren't imagining. Blood orange salad was actually a fennel salad with a few segments of Mandarin (seriously) hidden beneath. Scampi pasta had the worlds smallest Scampi. Cassatta was really a form of chocolate mouse
- service was shocking - we consistently waited 15 mins after each course for the plates to be removed (the supposed blood orange salad stayed with us on the table the whole night - yikes!).
- as a birthday dinner we had organized a cake. To the restaurant's credit they rang to ask the name of the birthday guest the afternoon of our reservation - obviously so they could pipe the birthday boy's name on the cake. At the restaurant we reminded them about the cake towards the end of main course. They said 'we won't forget'. A desert course, desert wine and coffee later, still no cake. By this time we'd had enough of prodding and prompting the staff on their job and just wanted to get out of there. So dissapointed.
- wine is over-priced. Yes it is expensive to buy wine in Singapore (definitely tax takes a big chunk from your wallet), but the margins added on top of this are definitely 'not cool' at this place.
- atmosphere? All I kept thinking was "this place has no soul".... No typically Italian casual charm and friendliness. Lacks the emotion that even the big hotel restaurants can muster.
- attention to the guest - zero. We spent 780 sgd in the place and there wasn't much concern - there seemed to be constantly 4-5 waiters near us doing something else or conferring with each other on something else.
So, take your money elsewhere. Vote with your feet and tell the Singaporean restaurant community that you will not pay for this kind of blandness.
Maybe for Pizza? Possibly our biggest mistake tonight - maybe as a friendly Pizza place it has a role? We didn't order Pizza so can't say.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.