“Good food, almost poor service, until one of the staff saved it”

Brasserie Les Saveurs
Ranked #152 of 11,375 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Asian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Orchard Road
Description: Brasserie Les Saveurs, the destination dining establishment of The St. Regis Singapore, offers the finest of contemporary French cuisine. Menus are specially curated by The St. Regis master chefs to provide diners an indelible experience with the evolving nuances and flavours of every dish. Illuminated by the splendid wall of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the tropical gardens and sparkling pool, Brasserie Les Saveurs exudes a timeless elegance. The establishment seats up to 90 guests, with two private dining alcoves to offer guests exclusivity for the ultimate refinement. The glittering enormous three hand-cut crystal chandeliers and beautifully arranged floral decorations create a distinctive class of opulence, and a decadent setting for a remarkable culinary journey.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

There is one reason why I am giving a rating of 4 instead of 3 (or even a 2), and her name is Peyton. She saved the rating on this review by making sure her guests were happy. Hopefully the rest of the staff have started being more attentive since my last visit.

Making a short story long, I went for Sunday brunch about a month and a half ago. The selection of food was great, the setting excellent, and my party decided to order free-flow champagne. A word to the wise, if you're in the restaurant business, and several men walk in and order champagne for brunch, they probably do not intend to sip daintily. Rather, they're probably intending to indulge. Correction, they're probably intending to get properly smashed. Don't worry, they have experience, and they probably won't do anything more embarrassing or troublesome than getting the phone number of the nearest cute girl.... But I digress.

Rather than getting off to a proper start however, our glasses ended up empty for a good twenty minutes; on the first glass. We finally were able to wave down one of the wait staff after considerable effort (which was frustrating in and of itself), and it took another ten minutes before they managed to locate a bottle. Needless to say, we were more than a little disappointed, not only that our glasses of "free flow" champagne were going empty, but also at the seeming lack of attention by the wait staff. A poor title at that moment as it seemed none of them were actually waiting.

We assumed that having to ask for champagne (in my experience with other champagne brunches, the staff usually make an effort to ensure that they top up before your glass is empty, and if they don't, they find it rather embarrassing) would have been a wake up call. Sadly, we were mistaken. The scene above played out again on the second glass. True, maybe we drink faster than other people (one of the consequences when Brits and American's get together I suppose) but again, I hadn't seen this poor of service at other restaurants, and I've been to dozens of these brunches.

After this happened the third time, I stopped by the maître d' stand, and mentioned the situation to Peyton. She was very polite, and apologized on behalf of the other staff. She not only went out of her way to make up for the situation, but thereafter, our glasses were topped up regularly.

For the other staff, honestly, she shouldn't have had to say anything, you work at a very nice restaurant, and your guests expect not only good food, but also courteous and attentive service. Sure, many of us may be spoiled drunks when it comes to Sunday brunch, but darnit, that's what we're paying for. It sort of goes with the whole "free flow" concept.

That said, thank you to Peyton and the rest of the staff thereafter for making a concerted effort to make sure we had plenty to drink from that point forward. Your efforts thereafter were pretty good. The food is also excellent, and I thought the singer that day did a great job. Funny, engaging, and a lot of fun.

All in all it turned into a pretty good day, and I look forward to the next trip. Just be sure to keep my glass full!

TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Brasserie Les Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear BMGSingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during brunch at Brasserie Les Saveurs. We do have to apologise that it was not to your exacting expectation.

We have shared your generous praise with Peyton, and she would like to thank you for your kind words.

We certainly look forward to have you join us again for brunch, and rest assure that your next experience with us will be truly beyond your expectation.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was a special day for my friend. we went for the Saturday afternoon tea. what a lovely atmosphere, it was really feast. 100% entertainment , music, dance, food and service.

TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Brasserie Les Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear 120foodie,

Thank you for your kind words of your epicurean experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs. We are delighted we have a crafted a memorable dining moment for you.

We look forward to welcome you back, and thank you again for sharing your experience with your fellow diners.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had a fantastic dinner in la Brasserie les Saveurs during my last stay in Singapore
This restaurant is a great example of classic French cuisine .the food is exceptional
The chef is French ,maybe the best chef in Singapore
Service and attention to detail was superb
For sure we coming back on my next visit to Singapore

TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Brasserie Les Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear MauritiusPascal,

Thank you for your kind words of your exceptional culinary experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs. Thank you also for taking the time to share it with your fellow diners.

We are definitely looking forward to welcome you back again soon, and the team at Brasserie Les Saveurs along with Chef Antoine Bonnet would like to thank you for your generosity.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

For full reviews and pictures, visit my blog at ms-skinnyfat

I do love the St. Regis Singapore for its array of delectable dining options. There's Yan Ting for fine dining Chinese cuisine, La Brezza for casual Italian and Brasserie Les Saveurs for everything else. Out of the lot, i could see myself dining at BLS most often. Champagne Brunch, Afternoon Tea, French dinner.. there's hardly anything BLS can't execute with panache.

In fact, this was my third time dining at Brasserie Les Saveurs. This time i sampled the a la carte dishes prepared by Chef de Cuisine, Antoine Bonnet. The young chef has over 20 years of French culinary experience (he started cooking at the age of 14!) and he cooked his way through France, UK and Lebanon. French cuisine is still his passion as he finds challenge in creating deceptively simple dishes.

Our amuse bouche was the Steak Tartare. Light seasoning was used in this version of the tartare. Despite the thicker slices of the meat, the dish was silky and smooth, as was the flavor of the meat.

Second course was the Salade Nicoise. I can't never get enough of salads and this was refreshing with a touch of sweetness. Black pepper seared yellow fin tuna, mesclun leaves, quail eggs with marinated anchovies, green beans and Kalamata olives.

Next we had the Bouillabaisse Facon Les Saveurs which is a Fisherman's seafood stew slow simmered with fennel and saffron. While the seafood were fresh, i found the dish lacking in the rich seafood flavors that i'm accustomed to in a traditional bouillabaisse. I much enjoyed the lovely Rouille sauce with crusty bread as that added more robustness to the dish.

I could die many times over as long as i get my pan seared Foie Gras Poéle. BLS version is that with apple and rhubard compote, "sauternes" reduction raisins and brioche toast. Remember to separate the brioche from the compote asap so that it doesn't get soggy.

My favorite dish of the night was the Le Homard Thermidor. Huge Boston lobster flamed with cognac, mushroom bechamel sauce and gratinee gruyere. This is exactly how i love my baked seafood, with lotsa cream and cheese but still maintaining the sweetness of the crustacean. Oh and it's HUGE. Did i mentioned that already?

TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Brasserie Les Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear ms-skinnyfat,

Thank you for sharing your dining experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs with your fellow diners. We are extremely delighted you enjoyed the cuisine of Chef Antoine Bonnet and your experience at our signature restaurant.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Pros: We have been many times for their business lunch, which was always a delight. We decided to change from our normal brunch venue and we were not disappointed with Brasserie Les Saveurs. We have already booked to go back! Food buffet had an excellent selection to suit every palate. Off the menu dishes were just the right taster size so you had room to sample the rest of the mouth watering food.

Cons: Dress code didn't seem to be strict, even though it was supposed to be smart attire. Had some females wearing shorts and flip flops (or slippers as they call them in Asia), which added a hawker feel to such a luxurious hotel. Tip to the management. Please be strict with your patrons regarding dress code! Also food off the menu arrived cold. A chef should not of let the plate leave his kitchen. Price: SGD180 per person is not competitive to other 5 star restaurants, therefore would not go back as often as I would if it was about SGD50 per head less.

Over all well worth a visit if you don't mind digging deep into your pocket!

1  Thank Marie B
TheSRSManagement, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage at Brasserie Les Saveurs, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Marie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your culinary experience at Brasserie Les Saveurs with your fellow diners. Thank you also for your kind words.

We have noted your invaluable feedback, particularly of the dress code at the restaurant as well as the plate service. I have personally them with the team at the restaurant as well as Chef Antoine Bonnet.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon. We have just introduced the complimentary hour of aperitifs for The St. Regis Champagne Brunch. Do call us to find out more.