“Disappointing”

Ranked #1,447 of 11,172 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Quays
Description: Senor Taco is the first Taqueria to open in Singapore at Clarke Quay in 2009, serving tasty Mexican-style street food such as Tacos and Quesadillas with a variety of fresh and spicy salsas. Since then, the authentic Mexican food stall has opened a second outlet at Orchard Towers and our flagship restaurant at Clarke Quay.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My spouse and I dined at Senor Taco on the Chijmes complex in Singapore on Oct 28, 2012. While the restaurant is comfortable and well appointed, the food leaves much to be desired, and is more of a "Mexican wanna be" than "Mexican". It is the first place in the world where I was offered "guacamole", a green runny fluid, in a squeeze bottle, alongside habanero and chipotle sauces, in similar bottles. The nachos had no tomato salsa on them, but refried beans smeared over (?), and mozzarella cheese, instead of cheddar. We had to send them back for re-heating, as the cheese was lumpy and had not even melted. I had a similar experience with my "Quesadilla Veggie" (a chef's recommendation in the menu), which came barely lukewarm and was rather tasteless. We did not finish the meals, as the disappointment was growing by the minute, so we left after finishing our drinks, promising not to return, even if hungry.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

The food is inexpensive and tasty, but the portions are small. Service here is excellent and friendly. You can sit at the bar or at tables and they have an assortment of beers and mixed drinks. This place is open very late (3 am maybe) and you can always go get a quick round of munchies in between shopping, bars and clubs. It is really best to visit here with your friends between the hours of 9pm and 12am and just sit back with a drink and watch the scenery. Watching the night lovers show up to the many clubs and bars in the area is quite an interesting sport.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We ordered for quesadillas, which were really small portions. That's my only grudge against the place. Otherwise, with the outdoor seating, music and beers, it just adds to the fun that is Clarke Quay!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Good location next to the river and popular with foreign tourists and open well into the night. Serves good Mexican food and drinks & cocktails. Very pleasant staff and promt service.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is in Clarke Quay and I love their Habanero sauce, which I know of from their now defunked eatery called Senor Burrito. I may just be missing Senor Burrito, but in comparison, the food here is terrible, The meat taste like bits from your shoe really, no matter what you take, I only ever go there when I miss the habanero sauce so much that I can't help myself, and then I take the taco and cheese douse it with the Habanero and die and go to heaven. The cashier is ok, but the guy making the tacos, serious non-hospitality attitude. Horrible! Overall it's such a displeasure going there.