“GREAT DESIGN EVER, AND HOLIDAY IN GREAT BED”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #196 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 3, 2010

i would like to say that this Hotel was a great hotel. The Design of this hotel very nice even it not that big, but the designer know how to make the space enough for the Guest. I enjoy staying over. This is my second time stayed. eventhough at the first stayed in the hotel (May), i lost my things. The special gift. very disappoited. the second time im stay over, no more make up room. however thanks to the management of Studio M.

1  Thank JulietJune

Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in August, after reading the reviews on trip advisor I was a little concerned about what it would be like. I have to say I was throughly impressed with the hotel. The rooms were small but I think they were set out really well. The bed at this hotel was hands down the best in Asia. I am 6'3 and my feet did not hang off the end and it was nice and soft. The hotel is an easy 5 min walk to clarke quay which has heaps of options for dinner and nightlife. The only thing that was really annoying is that there is another hotel called M hotel on Anson rd, and then this hotel called Studio M on Nanson rd.. as the names are so similar a number of times a taxi would take us to the wrong one so you are better off saying Mohamed Sultan Drive to a taxi driver as this is the streeet at the front of the hotel.
Also this hotel has free wireless broadband which was awesome.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brissy_Traveller1983
StudioMHotel, General Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2010

Dear Brissy_Traveller1983,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel brings out such contrasting reviews and I see why. The rooms are rather unique and to those who are young and on vacation I think the hotel rooms can be quite interesting. For me who has traveled quite a bit, this hotel is rather terrible. Beyond the fact that the bed area and living area are on different floors, the overall construction is of poor quality. Door hinges were put together poorly, lines in the carpet from a poor job installing the carpet. It is really not a quality built hotel. The bathroom and shower are very small and the water pressure is less than adequate.
The bed was excellent I must say. Very comfortable.
What it comes down to is that I do not want to walk downstairs from bed to use the bathroom. I want my hotel room on one floor. I want to eat breakfast in a climate controlled area and not outdoors.
Under 35 years old, give it a shot. It is just like college but 250 Sing/night. Over 35 stay away.

1  Thank Cantilever
Reviewed September 27, 2010

The taxi driver took us to the wrong hotel which was a branch of this one It was annoying as we were so tired after long flight.anyway when we finally reached the correct hotel the reception clerk had no record of our bookings which was made thru BOOKING.COM. after getting usa room we had to carry our own luggage to the room as there was no porter around .the room as dusty and the bathroom filty the tiles were growing fungus and there was a stench.The bed linen was clean though. we had an early flight so breakfast was around 7am We arrived in the breakfast room with no staff to be seen although the food was spread out.we helped ourselves to the cold dried tasteless sausages bacon etc which was prepared the night before after a wait staff members were seen walking around we made inquiries about the person who was supposed to be at the egg counter and after a while a person appeared to help us .then came the time to settl the bill..........the charge was $40 more than the price quoted by BOOKING.COM .after an query we we told that the price on the bill was correct we paid with anger and left for the airport Never again will we stay in this hotel nor will we recommend anyone else its not worth the price and the service and staff are pathetic .we booked this hotel based on the location and price but was disappointed a money was wasted .we could hav stayed at another 4* hotel in the city centre if we had known that we would be charged more for a night's accommodation.this hotel needs a new chef and new cleaning staff.to improve its standard.

1  Thank Desertworker
StudioMHotel, General Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Dear Johnydoe,

We view your feedback seriously and would like to investigate further in order to make the necessary improvements where appropriate.

We will appreciate if you could kindly forward the details of your visit directly to enquiry@studiomhotel.com to enable us to communicate with you directly.

Reviewed September 27, 2010

The Studio M Hotel is really fabulous! We were concerned before we arrived as we had booked before it opened and then some of the previous reviews were less than glowing...but we needn’t have worried, it was A* from start to finish!

We arrived at the hotel at 9am in the morning, yet the friendly reception staff said that we could have our room if we waited an hour. I think that’s pretty impressive given that check in isn’t until 2pm! We had breakfast/coffee in the lovely Coffee Shop on the ground floor. The quality of the food and drinks was superb and the service was quick and friendly – a great start to our trip. Okay, it wasn’t that cheap, but only like Starbucks prices and much tastier!

Once we got into our fabulous room we were delighted! I don’t know how people can moan! Yes, it is compact, but in such a cleverly designed way that you never feel cramped or claustrophobic, the layout is really brilliant. The floor to ceiling windows are stunning and the quirky two level aspect to the room is really unique. We had the bed on the ground floor – and a desk and sofa bed upstairs (which we mainly used for storage/drying clothes/shopping bags etc!) The shower and toilet are in separate “wet room” style cubicles on either side of the entrance door – and previous reviewers really did over exaggerate, they are lovely and plenty big enough! (I am 5ft9 and my boyfriend is 6ft so we’re not small either!) The shower in particular is amazing, with a big marble bench in there to put all your toiletries in – and always plenty of hot, powerful water (which is much needed in Singapore!!) The air conditioning is powerful – but easily and quickly adjustable should you need to change it. You get complimentary water every day too which is a nice touch. The free wi-fi is a very useful too! Rooms were serviced carefully and thoroughly everyday, and everything used was replaced for us.

...Oh and the bed! The comfiest ever!! We slept like logs every single night for the 13 nights we were there, it was a paradise!

The pool area is really beautiful – a lovely way to spend an afternoon if you’ve worn yourself out with all the sightseeing! I would say that they should implement some rules for the pool...as there was a rather loud/rowdy Australian family in there a few occasions we tried to go, which spoilt it somewhat for us – and the other families with sweet young children, or other couples – who wanted a bit of calm! But if you get civilized other guests it is wonderful!!

Normally, we do not eat in a hotel restaurant on holiday, but my partner was unwell one evening – so I ate there. The food was spectacularly good!! It’s Japanese style, but cooked to perfection and really very good value. The drinks/cocktail menu is excellent too (although a little expensive). I really do recommend trying it out – I had the steak and it was delicious!!

All of the staff you encounter – be it on reception, the maid service, the wonderfully helpful concierge, the restaurant/bar staff – are all smiling, attentive and helpful. We did not have a single issue and were treated like kings and queens! They were helpful with both enquiries about the hotel and about Singapore itself and made our stay very pleasant.

Only one little tiny thing which makes it a 4 star rather than a 5 is that it is quite a way from the MRT station. We are young and active, so thought the 15 minute walk would not worry us – but Singapore is VERY hot and humid so it does take it out of you a little bit and feels a lot longer than it is! It’s a pleasant, nice walk – but just a bit far (especially at the end of a long day sightseeing!) Also, when we were there, there were loads of events on at Clarke Quay for the Mid Autumn Festival and the Grand Prix – so it was crazy busy trying to get through the crowds every night (took over 30 minutes from the MRT station!) Also 95% of taxi drivers do not know this hotel!!! We were taken to the Hotel M across town on several occasions – even when we gave them the street address!! The only way you can get them to take you to the right place – is to ask for the Gallery Hotel next door and point on a map. However, taxi’s are very reasonable – and it only costs $20 from the airport to the hotel.

Definitely give this hotel a try – you will get a contemporary, funky, relaxed hotel – at very reasonable rates. We will stay again without hesitation when we next return to Singapore.

Dear Happy_Jax,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am happy that you had enjoyed your stay. Your good comments will certainly be conveyed to all staff which will definitely go a long way.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I think this hotel is great, its quite, rooms are better than expected, The price is great and breakfast was sufficient. For the price how can you complain.
Around the corner for a short walk to roberston quay and there is heaps nice little cafe style pubs and eateries; a lot lot cheaper than clarke quay.
Would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
StudioMHotel, General Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

Dear Monoz,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Studio M and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

Aesthetically quite pleasing, from the lobby to the poolside to the rooms. Contemporary furniture in bold colors add a lot of punch and visual interest.
The loft room concept worked well for us (we're medium built), but I can imagine a heavier set person would not fare as well. The bedroom ceiling was relatively low, and the shower and closet areas may get a little cramped. (Case in point: I'm 5'6" and I could touch the ceiling easily without tiptoeing; I also could not fully stretch out my arms on both sides inside the shower area.) For us, it was pretty comfortable and we enjoyed our room.
Only downside in our opinion is that its not very near to an MRT station. But if you don't mind a 15 minute walk by the river, then this shouldn't be a problem.
I'd recommend this hotel for young adventurous couples. Not for older couples (stairs might be a problem, especially if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night), not for families with little kids (no space to help them in the shower or water closet) or for heavier-set people (space might be a big issue).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
StudioMHotel, General Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2010

Dear Chrin,

We appreciate your feedback efforts.

We would like to highlight that a complimentary shuttle service to Orchard Road, Chinatown and other business areas are provided to in-house guests at regular intervals daily.