Studio M Hotel
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
Panpacific.com
$253
$171
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$214
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
2,555 results
All reviewsloft conceptrobertson quaybed upstairssplit levelsmall toiletsingapore riverbars and restaurantslong queuepleasant stayshort stayrooms are smallbuffet breakfastpublic transportmrt stationorchard roadernastaycation
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Studio M was my first experience of a loft-style hotel room.. and it was fun! I booked a Studio Loft but was upgraded to a Premier Loft upon my 1am check-in (thanks, Studio M!) where the layout was with the office/lounge area on the ground floor and the bed up on the mezzanine.

I suppose to maximise on the cozy layout, the bathroom was... not quite a bathroom. Rather, there were teeny tiny rooms on either side of the main entrance, one of which was a pretty cramped shower and the other a pretty cramped WC. Sink in on the outside, under the stairs. Being Asian and therefore being completely used to having all the bathroom elements in one space, it was a little odd, but I suppose Western travellers might not mind it so much. Still, it wasn't a major factor, only a little strange.

Sleep factor was a little mixed. The hotel was blissfully quiet (and I couldn't get enough of the spaciousness the high ceiling afforded) but the mattress was extremely soft-limp, as were the 2 thin pillows. However, at 2am I wasn't going to be overly picky and merely bolstered the pillows with my bag. More (or at least, better) pillows would've been very welcome.

Breakfast the next day was a rather wet affair. The breakfast lounge was located on Level 2, across from the swimming pool and open-air lounge. I loved the space and airiness of it, but it happened to be raining cats and dogs the morning I was there, which resulted in about 1/3 of the tables in the restaurant being unusable, on account of them located in the unsheltered "outdoor" areas of the restaurant. Nevertheless, there were several huge tables available in the sheltered areas so seating wasn't a big deal as long as you don't mind asking the other guests if you could have an empty seat at their table.

All in all, I had a great time at Studio M. There wasn't a business centre available, which was a small bother, but the front desk staff were more than happy to help me print out stuff and loan me random bits of stationery that I wasn't able to carry on-board my flight with me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is pretty far away from the major touristic area, but there's free shuttle bus once every hours send us to the centre. the room was pretty clean the design was quite ok too. bed is comfy, toilet and shower is separated into two small 'room', which is acceptable. Staff weren't very helpful, very busy most of the time. Breakfast aren't bad. Won't really recommend this hotel. And a drunk man with a woman (doing those special job) walking on the hall way once(late night) got a bit scared.

• Stayed: July 2013
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Angie H,

We appreciate your feedback efforts which have enabled us to refocus our efforts to make the necessary improvements. We would like to assure that we continue to strive to meet the expectations of our guests at all times and appreciate your kind understanding where we may have fallen short. Thank you

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks with work and the service was very good throughout. The cleanliness varied however was fairly high.

The main criticism is that the breakfast was horrible. Omelettes undercooked and selection of sterile food which didn't taste of anything. I stuck to slices of melon for the majority of my stay as it was the only thing that was ok.

I wouldn't advise paying the extra for superior as it is only your bed upstairs rather than down, not enough of a difference to justify the extra cost.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed in a duplex room type. It's well designed. The space is good except the toilet is a bit small. Breakfast is not very good. Room service at night was slow when I asked something from them. Location is good where there are plenty of pub, restaurant and convenience store.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

the positives:
1. interesting contemporary and hip design
2. friendly staffs at check-in
3. near Clark Quay

the negatives:
1. The shower and toilet in the room are separated and very small. Especially the toilet, it is a bit claustrophobic for me
2. I had the guest room that my bed is on the upper level. First of all, the bed is tuck against the wall. Second of all, there is a beam above one half of the bed. It is ok that I stayed here alone. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it is for a couple to sleep in the same bed. If one of them who sleeps under that beam, it would difficult to slide the way out of the bed without disturbing his/ her travel partner.
3. TV is mounted on the wall in front of tv on the upper level. In the morning when I was getting ready on the lower level, I can only turn on the tv and 'listened' to the news for update. What an inconvenience!
4. Breakfast quality is just okay, almost below standard. But hey, it's just breakfast, right?

If I were to return in the future, I would request for a room with the bed on the lower level. Overall, it is okay. Not fully impressed, but not entirely disappointed.

Room Tip: Persoanly, I would request for room with bed on the lower level
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business