“compact room with high ceilings”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #122 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Toronto, Ontario
“compact room with high ceilings”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The room itself was rather small but the high ceilings and loft portion make it better. Toilet was in a tiny room and shower another small room with sink outside. We only stayed one night and left extra early typo catch our flight but the pool area looked nice... Bed was comfy, but was only a double? And sheets weren't even tucked in only on top of bed.
Overall for what we needed it was good, would stay again. Located in Robertson Quay area; a bit far from metro

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TdotGal
StudioMHotel, Hotel Management at Studio M Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear TdotGal

Thank you for your feedback and it’s great to know that you have an excellent stay experience at the Studio M Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
essex, england
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Having read so many reviews, I still wasn't prepared for how small the rooms were on arrival - HOWEVER! Our room had the bed on the lower floor which allowed us to use the loft area for cases, clothes and stuff, leaving the living area clear.

The bed was really comfortable and we stayed 4 nights which allowed us to use the hotel as a great base for exploring the city, then a nice pool area to relax around in the afternoon.

The room facilities are fine, with everything you would expect. The toilet and shower area can be sealed off by pulling a dividing door across therefore allowing full privacy. We didn't discover this until day 2 and after reading previous reviews, possibly those had not realised this. The toilet was a little on the small size, however I didnt find it an issue and the shower was hot with good pressure.

If you are room only as we were, there are many options for meals at any time of the day nearby as you are only a moments walk from Clarke Quay. There is also a perfectly adequate coffee shop in the hotel which serves decent coffee and croissants.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at Studio M and would recommend it as somewhere different to stay. Enjoy it for what it is!

Room Tip: We had requested the bed in the loft area, however, on arrival we had rooms with the bed downstairs...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank flyboylee
Dear flyboylee,

Thank you for sharing with us your good review. It is nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would recommend the Studio M Hotel as a unique accommodation option. We hope to be your preferred hotel in Singapore and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Maumee, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Studio M for 12 weeks and I loved it there in terms of price, ambiance, experience and food. My room was priced at SGD 200 (Inclusive of SGD 25). It is at least SGD 25-40 cheaper than the hotels nearby. The employees are very friendly and polite. The best part about Studio M is the loft-type rooms. The room design is different (2 floor room) from a normal hotel room. The room is small, but just perfect for 1 person. The decor is also very good. The windows are huge. The pool and cabana area is good, but not very big (unlike the one at Park Hotel, Clarke Quay). There are countless restaurants nearby and the hotel is a 15 minute walk to Clarke Quay MRT. The breakfast at 'Take' faces the pool area and starts at 6.30 a.m (which is a drawback, since many hotels start breakfast at 6.00 a.m for office-goers). But, the food quality and quantity is pretty good. They serve both hot and cold food. We can also get points for our stay at Studio M. A lot of hotels like Park Hotel do not even have a reward/point system, which sucks. I would highly recommend Studio M for travelers who embrace change. Thank you Studio M.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 9th floor are for extended stays. I had a room at the corner and my internet connec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Swathy I
Dear Swathy I,

Thank you very much for your feedback and compliments. It is most delightful to know that you had an awesome stay experience with us; especially that you fancy the loft design, hotel location and breakfast spread. We are glad to know that the Studio M Hotel rewards is beneficial and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward welcoming you back and being of service to you again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. It was exactly what I expected it to be - a design hotel with a twist. I agree that in some ways the studios are impractical but for a couple of days on a stopover they were a great novelty. I enjoyed kicking back in the window with a book and the bed was supremely comfortable.

The outdoor breakfast area was great, ditto the pool. Studio M is not that close to public transport but an easy and very pleasant walk along the River will get you anywhere (particularly nice at night with quaint bars and restaurants). Very handy walking to Clarke or Boat Quay.

At S$150 this was a steal!

Room Tip: Understand that it is a small duplex - an unsual design but really comfy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank thekeystotravel
Dear thekeystotravel,

We thank you for your feedback and glad to know that you enjoyed the hospitality from the hotel. We hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay experience soon.
Phuket
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Small duplex level rooms with steel frame staircase to upper level (more on that later). The bed is upstairs and the Incredibly small toilet room (where my knees hit the facing wall when sitting down) is downstairs.

The room had a pretty bad smell of staleness and didn't improve with the aircon running. Shower cubicle and toilet room had mold / mildew. Lack of attention to detail from cleaning staff.

Maybe it has something to do with the thickness (or thinness!!!) of the walls but almost every cough, laugh, conversation can be heard from the room next door. The steel frame staircase also makes every step on it be heard from next door which is definitely not conducive to a good nights rest.

The passageways that connect the elevators to the rooms on either side are very poorly lit and not very wide probably to cram as many rooms into this building as possible.

As a frequent traveller to Singapore I very much doubt I'll be returning to this hotel very soon as there are many better traditional style hotels around for the same kind of price range without the need for stairs in the rooms.

All in all, the main function of a hotel is place to have a good nights sleep and this hotel didn't live up to those expectations.

Best avoided.

Good points? - Attentive staff.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bush_Wacker74,

Thank you and we have taken note of your valuable feedback. We hope to restore your faith in us in the near future and look forward to another opportunity for us to serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Pokhara, Nepal
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hi. We have recently booked a stay for 2 at Studio M Hotel under the Surreal Deal package, which states on the hotel' official website that it "includes daily breakfast". When we got the confirmation we found that one of us is going to be hungry! The deal includes only one breakfast.
I believe this is misleading advertising -- apart from being shocking hotel policy.
we queried it with the hotel and were told the second breakfast would cost an additional sum.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alison T
Dear Vdm10,

Thank you very much for highlighting your concern. We will look into the program and ensure our interpretation of the benefits is clear and not misleading. Please feel free to contact us at enquiry@studiomhotel.com and we will follow up with you henceforth.
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I saw this hotel on the Internet and decided to give it a try cause looks nice and different and I was pleased with the photo I saw on tripadvisor . I didn't had any reservation do I went in to check in and at first they asked me 350++ which I think it's a bit too much I could stay at a 5 star hotel for this money but when I wanted to leave I was offered another offer for 200++ I he would book it for me in the Internet I took the offert an stayed in for one night but it just don't seem right such a huge difference of price for walk in and somehow tricky . Rooms were nice clean and everything was great , location ... not as great so i could pay 250-275++ but not more than that its 4**** people .
Anyway that was my downturn the rest would be perfect so work on that shouldn't be that hard

• Stayed February 2013