“Cool design but not-so-good service”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #292 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I found it really absurd that the hotel doesn't provide extra towels, not even hand towels, when requested. Apparently, there weren't enough towels to provide my room with just one more. We asked for an extra blanket and the staff agreed but the blanket never came. It was late and we didn't want to waste our time begging them to give us another towel so we just gave up. Also as other reviewers have noted, I find it strange how the toilet and shower are separate 'compartments' but I guess they made it up with the sliding door that you can pull across to create a private area to change after your shower. The toilet is really small even for a petite person.

Other than that, I actually really like the loft design of the room. I find the design really unique and I like how the high ceiling creates the illusion of a larger room. It gives a really homely feel because of the parquet flooring of the stairs. The lounging area by the pool was pretty cool as well with so many seats for chilling. If you fancy a tan, go there after 12 noon as the sunlight doesn't hit the lounging area till that time of the day. Lastly, the hotel provides a shuttle bus to mrt stations and some shopping malls so it saves you some walking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been staying here for 2 weeks on business. On the whole I really liked the hotel, and liked the room lay out....although can see why others have a problem with it - I am a lady travelling alone, so the room really suited me fine - but for two people the room would definitely be cramped.

Good Stuff!
I have found the staff at this hotel very helpful. I also liked the pool area - especially on an evening....however as the hotel is so close to so many restaurants and bars, it is usually deserted after the sunbathers have gone (so not much atmosphere but I liked having it to myself!!:)

My room was always very clean - and the bed was the most comfortable I think I have ever slept on!! 2 bottles of water are replaced daily, and they have a bowl of the most delicious apples I have ever tasted in reception, for you to help yourself (the business traveller appreciates small details like these!!) location is also great...Clarke Key is 5 mins walk away, and most of the main areas are reachable in a taxi in 5-10 mins. I also walked to Orchard Road in about 20 - 30mins.

Taxi queues in hotel lobby on a morning can be long...but walk outside to the man road and you can flag one down on the road pretty quickly!

They also have a really good coffee shop - serving proper coffee and some pretty good cakes!!

Bad stuff!!

The breakfast is not great - it's my first experience of Asia so I may be judging against European standards...but I didn't find the choice great, and although I never went hungry - it was not the best. Good thing is that if you can't find anything you like, there are loads of places around about where you can.

Also there is no restaurant. Again there are loads of places near by to eat / drink - and you can get snacks from the coffee shop or from the pool bar or from room service - but I did miss this as a facility.

Overall however, this is a good, clean and pleasant hotel - and I really wouldn't have a problem recommending it or returning!!

Ps - if you do use this hotel and get a taxi back to it - tell the taxi you are going to Studio M off Mohammed Sultan Road....the hotel is technically on Nanson Road - however there is also a M Hotel on Anson Road - see the confusion?! Having ended up there by accident, I want to pass on this wisdom :)

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Antoinette78
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Singapore

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler

So, since I am a fan of Piero Lisonni, the Italian designer,
When I come to Singapore this time I decked to try studio M which is designed by him
Stayed 3 nights there, I wil say it is cozy and stylish, like the pool area especially.
BuT to running up and down of the room make me a bit dizzee, special after few glasses of wine

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The good; Bed, soft and nice.. Quiet.. Good location....
The Bad; bathroom is a 3 x 3 box..Don't try to walk up and down the stairs drunk.. Very Small room.... Internet is a daily headache.

This will not be a repeat..

1  Thank Real-Review-J
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It was great a stay at Studio M, Singapore, we already started recommending it to our friends. As we planned our holiday break at Singapore, did quite a lot of research on the hotels, as we were bit choosy about the stay. Studio M's Loft room attracted us so much that we booked it without a second thought. Its located by the river and it is a great place for a evening walk. Quite and away from traffic. As we are out the whole day, the cosy room was just perfect for two of us, though the toilet & bathroom were bit small. We received the best of services, warm & nice front desk people, very kind room servicing lady. Easy access. Will surely opt for studio M whenever we are in Singapore next.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at Studio M for a week during one of my business trips. Generally it was an ok experience. I liked the unusual 'studio' style of the room but dislike the small bathroom. It's also an inconvenience if you have to use the washroom during the night. My room was cleaned everyday and service was fairly efficient.