2,641 results
All reviewsloft conceptrobertson quaybed upstairssmall toiletsingapore riverlong queuebars and restaurantsshort staypleasant stayrooms are smallbuffet breakfastmrt stationorchard roadernastaycationgymnightlife
Reviewed August 26, 2012

i booked our room (studio loft) online through agoda. it was a bit cramped compared to the photographs on the website, but this is expected. it was still spacious enough for two people, but my husband had to put his suitcase on the second floor to make room for all our stuff. i loved the high ceiling and stairs. the bed, pillows and duvet were immaculate and very comfortable. the shower and the lavatory were separate and small. there was free wifi, and although the connection was reset a number of times, the signal was fast and strong. they provided the usual toiletries, toothbrushes, water, coffee and tea. the room also had a hair dryer, a refrigerator, a tv and a safe.

the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. i had purchased some frozen goods on our second day there, and they allowed me to store them in the hotel kitchen.

my only problem with our stay was the location. i felt that the hotel was really only accessible by taxi. the nearest bus/mrt stations were quite a laborious walk from the hotel -- not fun after a tiring day. also, our booking did not include breakfast and because the nearest food places were 10-20 minutes away, our only real option was the cafe on the first floor. i had inquired about shuttles prior to our stay, and they said they had shuttles to the nearest mrt station and orchard road -- but they neglected to say that these were scheduled on selected hours of the day only. i was happy, though, that they provided shuttle service to singapore expo on weekday mornings; it made our commute to our convention site a lot easier.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Checkin ok
Rooms designed for small people, that that is a problem, just compact compared to expectation.
For a "new" hotel, quite a few things poorly finished in detail
Bathroom not clean, paint coming off door
Requested wakeup call.....lucky backed it with my own alarm as the call never came
Dont think ill return

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We (my 22-month-old daughter and I) just came back from Singapore where we stayed a night at Studio M Hotel. I did my research (on this site and others) before booking this. I'd never stayed in a loft before and wanted to experience it. Thus I was expecting the small room based on other reviews. But let's just say the hotel's photos make the rooms look a little larger than they are. On the plus side, the location is good (very near Orchard Road, and seems to have many shops just outside although we didn't have a chance to explore them because of our schedule), and I was pleasantly surprised when a staff member popped by the room right after we entered to inquire if my baby and I were doing ok. The pool too, seems nice enough. However, they should really mark the corner of the bedframe in flourescent or something; I stubbed my toes about 5 times - it hurt bad - before I learnt my lesson while coming up the stairs to jump on the bed. The problem is the tight squeeze; I'd have prefered they use less space upstairs for the double-volume ceiling effect and expanded the floor space upstairs instead. Another minus point is the air-con controls are downstairs only; in the middle of the night you have to trudge down to adjust them as I did when my daughter was cold, and then it got too warm, so another trip down. I was also a little surprised to learn that all the rooms are exactly the same size - the different room categories just refer to layout and furnishing differences. Hence if I ever came with both my children, this hotel wouldn't do. Having said all that, we did have a reasonably good stay - my daughter enjoyed the experience too. Overall, I liked the loft effect because it felt different and "holiday-ish".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is an ideal place to stay if you're looking for somewhere 'un-hotel' like with all the hotel facilities. the rooms are all good though go for the premier ones is possible. Also the corner ones have a fantastic view. Easy reach to the CBD and very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

1) Bed was great: very soft, sheets were nice, best part of the room. The bed is definitely a high point for me, and I want one for myself.

2) Wireless internet rarely worked: I was traveling with a friend and we noticed that if you connect the wireless internet to 1 device, it workse fine. However, two devices will throw off the network and even if you disconnect one of them, you will be unable to sign back online.

3) Service was a little slow at the front desk: I booked my stay as a package through Cathay Pacific, and check-in took about 25 minutes for some reason. I actually called ahead to make sure that the process would be smooth and still ran into some delays.

4) Good location

Room Tip: The loft studios are quite small, so manage your expectations for the bed to take up 70% of the floor space if your opting for the cheapest option. Good value for the price in my view, but do note that it is quite small.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends