See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2016

I've stayed at the Amber Hotel for business many times over the past five years. It's not a flashy hotel by any means, however it is cheap and clean, plus it's close to good food and shopping. If you are looking for a fancy reception and opulent decorations, better go elsewhere. If on the other hand you are looking for friendly staff, clean rooms and a good location, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business
4  Thank Lindsay A
Reviewed August 26, 2015

Like another reviewer below, am a local and my house was undergoing renovations. Amber hotel is a 5 mins walk from my place and I decided to camp there for some parts of the day (for about 4 weeks).
I have stayed in many properties around the world..including the ultra luxurious ones..but not many places have lived up to the hype. Amber, on the other hand, never pretended to be anything more than a nice little clean place. And it exceeded my expectations. The room was super clean with crisp white sheets. The bathroom, though old fashioned in look and styling, was again, very clean. The staff were super helpful and caring. Location is quite good too.
If you are looking for a nice cheap little place, which is comfortable, clean and safe, this is the place to go to.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank dulcedelight121
Reviewed August 18, 2015

The hotel is a very pleasant surprise. Located about 20 minutes from the airport, a small structure amidst highrise building, it is pleasantly well maintained. Rooms are good in terms of size and maintenance. The staff is extremely helpful and warm. They took very good care. Value for money.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are good size as per singapore standards. We picked up rooms on ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2015

I am a local and my house was going through renovations. I thought it was better if I could live somewhere cleaner for the time being. I went to search for the cheapest hotel just for a night. Amber Hotel is located very near East Coast Park (ECP) and is just a 20mins walk away; just one of the few hotels in Singapore to have ECP access. Food and shopping is all with 1km, the Parkway Parade Mall is just about 500m away. The sleep quality was average. I paid just $49 for a night which was just great.

Stayed: February 2015
Reviewed January 7, 2015

The price was low and affordable. The hotel is surrounded by tall condominiums and looked a little old. It is just 10 to 15 mins walk from Parkway Parade and 20 mins walk to East Coast Park. The room was acceptable in sense of its size and was relatively clean. Thw staffs were helpful to assist me in quite a nunber of things which I was quite glad about. Totally worth my money.

• Stayed: November 2014