“A Memorable Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Marina Bay
“A Memorable Experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Not only does Orgo strive to impress my expectations, it strives to expand on creativity on suiting people's entertainment. 2011 New Year Celebration, there was not much to celebrate with, as it was far too crowded with many people as tables & seats were plotted everywhere, causing a claustrophobic atmosphere. As this 2012 New Years came around, I celebrated my new years there once again. This time, not only did it hold less seats, making it more comfortable for people as there was more space, but also Orgo hosted fun little games that was entertaining for the worth while.

While many people rate this people on it's food, drinks, and service, I disagree that a restaurant should be judged that way. Yes, foods and drinks are the main components of a restaurant, but other smaller factors such as the creativity are left out of the question. Has anyone noticed the dark colored cube suited for the atmosphere, the way it provides a luxurious taste in the atmosphere? Or perhaps the way it is just merely designed, dark and smooth? Many people still lack the consciousness of the design of environments.
Not only does the bar hold a luxurious feel, but also a luxurious feel in taste. The drinks, are most magnificent in flavor as I have never tasted them before. The originality of the drink and organic items not only makes it fresh, but also electrifying. These tastes seem to lock into pieces like a puzzle, and this is one of the main reasons I like to visit Orgo, since it holds a shocking taste to it. The food, on the other hand, is seen as a disgust in many people's views. I don't believe that. When I ordered, the food came quite instantly and tasted deep and heavy. Despite it's small serving size, I feel that it is suitable for the price to be at what it is, or else it won't be seen as a luxurious bar & restaurant, won't it? The Pasta is also nicely boiled, and perfectly sauced so that the pasta would not soak up in the sauce, nor will it be dry being uncomfortable to eat.

The Service lastly, is one of the greatest in Singapore I feel. Other restaurants in the United States, Nicholas Yen strives to ask customers what he could do better for his bar to be more suitable. This is my first point, striving to suit people's needs. Since he has an American-ish background, I feel that he strives to bring the trait of Service to Singapore. Singapore mainly lacks service in many places, as many people lack the effort to push and do more, instead of doing the least and getting the pay.

I feel that this restaurant deserves more than what people rate. Many of these critics that rate restaurants are merely beginners, they lack the overseas experience in knowing what real service is. This Restaurant & Bar is one of my favorites, thanks to Nicholas Yen and Tomoyuki Kitazoe's wonderful drinks.

• Visited April 2012

• Indonesian first
La Canada Flintridge, California
“good views from here”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

A curious place high up on the top of the marina esplanade theatre. The food was good. The outside tables are well sheltered but located such that views of the marina are limited. Fortunately its just a short walk to rooftop views of the marina at night. The much recommended laser light show was disappointing.

Visited March 2012
Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I were about to spend $200 at Orgo's but we left when the waiter refused to bring me a glass of water. "As per his boss' intructions, I had to buy a bottle".
1. Bottled water is eco-unfriendly. How can Orgo pretend it is "Organic Restaurant" while they obviously couldn't care less about environment.
2. In any circumstances, refusing a glass of water to anyone is rude, unwelcoming and it demonstrates a total lack of basic courtesy.
As a customer, I don't want to patronize these kinds of restaurants and I hope others would agree.

Visited April 2012
California, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food and Service !!Perfect Place to Chill”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I went for a wine tasting session at Orgo on the 1st March with my husband. We had a 5 courses degustation menu with some wines to pair with our food. Surprisingly, I was really impressed with the food that came to our table. The dishes were really done perfectly and not too overpowering. Simple yet elegance. "Especially the Smoke Duck" !! Great Job !! I was told by the young Executive Chef that they just changed there menu, and i think that the prices were really reasonable and affortable. The sommelier was also very knowledgeable telling us about the wine that make us feel so "wow". We will definitely recommend Orgo to our friends from California.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank JenniferGirardo
Singapore,
“My Secret!”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I discovered orgo by accident and ever since it has been my best kept secret! It is cosy, sophisticated, stylish and with the most amazing views of the CBD skyline and Marina Bay Sands. The cocktails are not cheap, but they are superb. Mixed by professionals - they even take requests! This is the place to come for F1 weekend with great track side views.