Wow Hostels
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$171
$357
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$528
$312
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$214
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2012

So just to make it clear. Geylang isn't really close to anything except itself (a red light district). There is no 24 hour reception. But it is on the way (East West line) to the airport and downtown. It is a very clean hostel with bunk beds. I stayed for 2 nights and i noticed that there were a lot of old people and people who seemed to get up for work. I'm not sure if this place is also housing for friends or family or something but there did seem to be a lot of non back packers. I'm sure that it is common for houses in SE asia, and probably else where, that the shower is in close vicinity to the toilet in the same room/stall. So be prepared for a wet toilet seat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Fair price,Good Beds (Ikea) with nice clean sheats, good free internet.Nice kitchen with tabel and kitchenware. nice living room with flatscreen TV full with movies and a massage chair Nice.
Host is helpfull and nice but stressed and always in hurry lol.
Rooms are not big but good to sleep in, we stayed with our 4 year son , no problem.
Bathroom was ok hot water, resonable clean
can recommend
on 3 floor,just stairs

Room Tip: stay in the main (first) Building
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

t's fine for one or two nights. The rooms are absolutely tiny, the 8 bed dorm should really only have 4 beds in it and there was no room to even put our bag down. The hostel is basically a flat with maybe 30 ppl living there, 1 sofa si nowhere at all to chill out and I would say 70% of ppl staying there were living there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I write this review acknowledging that others may not have as bad of an experience as we did. First, we were part of a small group of the unlucky ones... we were put into a second building (not the main one where most other guests are staying) which put us further away (just across the way, but still inconvenient) from the main facilities (breakfast, laundry, the main lounge room), and that I am pretty sure that our room was the smallest one in the building.

The good: 1) Cheap enough (for Singapore), 2) located right next to the Aljunied MTR station, 3) clean/comfy beds, and 4) good WiFi and internet access.

The bad: 1) We had an extremely small and cramped room (if my arms were a bit longer, my arm span could reach from wall to wall). We couldn't open up the door without it slamming into our luggage. 2) I'm not sure about the security of the rooms; twice, when our doors were fully closed and even locked, when others down the hall slammed their doors, our door came open. It didn't really ease my mind about the security when we weren't in the room. 3) You aren't allowed to wear shoes inside. This is pretty grody considering what others may be trudging in (and what I saw others trudging in). You aren't even supposed to wear shoes in the bathrooms. And as I saw others wearing shoes inside, when I wore my designated shower sandals in self-defense, I received some pretty nasty looks from others. 4) There is no elevator, which means that we brought our luggage up three stories into the first building, then down, and then up three more stories into the other building. 5) When you book from Hostels/Hostelworld, there is an additional 10% service charge that you have to pay in addition to the rate quoted to you on Hostelworld. We didn't realize this until we looked closely on the print-out. 5) You get to hear EVERYTHING going on in the rooms next to you. The walls were clearly partitioned off by the owners of the hostel in order to create more rooms, meaning that the huge cracks in the wall (via a shared window between two rooms for example) allow for some serious sound travel. I could almost hear the people next door breathing. 6) Also, in the second building, there are a number of semi-permanent residents who live there; two of them were nicer, but I definitely didn't have that "welcome to our hostel" feeling from any of the people who lived/worked there.

The ugly: There was literally a pile of steaming, fresh diarrhea to greet us on the first few steps of the staircase into the building... WTH happened there? And an additional freebie of a huge cockroach that presumably died because of the horrific stench of the caca right next to it. It wasn't until about 10 hours after we arrived that someone hosed it off. Also, I didn't learn until the last night of our stay that cockroaches in Singapore can indeed fly. My Singaporean friend had told me this but I had yet to witness it. In the first building, the main hang out room is ACed. In the second building, there is only a fan, and the windows are left open all day/all night long... which also meant that one of the bathrooms was occupied by a huge flying cockroach. I know cockroaches don't bother everyone, but they definitely bother me.

My boyfriend and I have been traveling in southeast Asia for about 7 weeks now and this was by far our least favorite place that we stayed in. I know that options in Singapore are extremely limited if you are on a budget (like us), but I would book with caution.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building (although I'm not even sure this is possible).
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank runnershigh8
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This hostel is very functional for its value. For less than $20US I got a bed in an 8 bed dorm and a hot shower. My only issue is that they make you pay everything up front to secure your place no matter how many nights. Absolutely no refunds. They will not budge. So if you overpay a night and leave early you just will have to eat the cost.

Oh and you'll definitely get a nice dose of athletes foot. You cannot wear shoes or sandals anywhere in the hostel. The bathrooms and showers are quite damp and musty. So just factor that into the savings for treating athletes foot.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo