“hopeless” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #288 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
bangkok
“hopeless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Simply put there are much better options within walking distance of this hotel... dirty, badly maintained, poor service and overpriced. The location is a red light district and the sound of hookers coming and going every 10 minutes is not good for sleeping.

Room Tip: dont accept a room near the stairs the clip clop of working ladies shoes will keep you awake.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank abigmagilla
207Good888, Owner at Lai Ming Hotel Cosmoland, responded to this review, May 14, 2016
Thank you for your support , we will improve and hopefully to see you back again to our hotel to see the improvement, in order to do so , we offer you a free room while you are staying in Singapore.
We provide fully air -conditioned ,Clan and affordable with free WIFI access,
Good hospitality service will be ensure at all times during stay with us,
the location Of our hotel is a 3 min walk to the MRT station with easy access to all parts of Singapore,
Shops selling good and reasonably priced local food are located nearby .

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

i have booked 2 nites stay thru email. it was replied and stated as confirmed it will b sgd75 per nite

later when we check in at the counter..e old lady insisted that e price is sgd 95 per nite. she never listen i said i have booked e room at sgd 75.

we checked in anyway since we were late for night safari.but e mattress n bed sheet were damn scary. with no elevator available.

n the lower floor used as transit room n of coz for their red bussiness.the girls even ask condoms from uncle at the reception counter.

i am aware wut geylang famous for..but i never expect it shall b this bad. during the night the place so crowded full chicks offering their bussiness.

never coming back for stay at geylang.

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank AsyikinAli
Sorry for all such things happened, improvement has been made, When you come back to Singapore again , we will offer you a free room staying.
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I went to Singapore last year with my other 2 friends.
From airport, we took mrt until aljunied station. we looked for the map at the station & Lai Ming Hotel was in the map.
We thought it's quite far but only 200m from the station.
Transportation wise, I would recommend this hotel.

This hotel can offer a room for 3 people (of course with 1 extra bed).
For me, the cleanliness & toilet is ok. Clean sheets, water heater & tv functioning well.
We have slippers & enough towels for 3.

The only thing that I wasn't comfortable with this hotel was the Chinese lady at reception.
She was so weird when we asked for Hotel receipt. She said, she will only give for company claim purposes.

I think it's weird because I & my frens always keep receipts when we have a trip at any place (only for reference & confirmation)

But, I dont mind because it's cheap, commutable & worth to stay for 3 days & 2 nights.

Room Tip: just make sure you check everything first & report to the receptionist immediately because you m...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
8 Thank Sufinah
Thank you very much and see you again, While seeing you , I will offer you a dinner and special price for the staying.
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

As a solo, budget traveller this hotel suits me. The bed is comfortable and the water is hot. Nearby food shops provide cheap, delicious meals around the clock as the hotel is central to Singapore's red-light district.
As I was departing on the 10.30pm train to Malaysia it was cheap to extend my booking. At S$50 per night this hotel takes some beating.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Brandy39
Petaling Jaya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

A group of six plain clothed "policemen" raided our room at 11:00 midnight. Even though they could see that we were a family, still they proceeded to record our passports and even checked my wife's handbag (for condoms?). It was a horrifying and humiliating experience for me, my wife and my children. They did not even announce that they were the police when they knocked on our room door. At first they said they were from the counter with something important, later they said they were the electrician. When we refuse to open to door, they forced open our room door with a master key! Never again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
15 Thank leekamloong59
Sorry for that , a free night will offer to you and hope to see you again, and I can assure you no such things will happen again.

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

This is a well located, budget hotel situated right on Geylang Road. It was suggested to me by my taxi driver for its very large rooms. My room was furnished with a very comfortable queen-sized bed, wardrobe, dressing table, bed-side tables, coffee table and two easy chairs. The bathroom (which was as large as some of the other budget rooms in Geylang), contained a full-length tub with shower over. Both the bath and hand-basin had small chips in the enamel which did not spoil their function. (Just the look.) The tv did not have satellite connection and there were only a couple of English channels. There was an electric jug and 2 mugs but no tea or coffee. Also there was no fridge in the room but this is normal for the budget hotels in this area which are often booked by "transit" guests. The aircon was very cold, adjustable and quiet. I had a room at the back of this very solid building and it was very quiet.
At only $50 (Singapore) per single/double per night I was more than satisfied with this hotel. The rate rises by $20 for public holidays and weekends.
The hotel is very close to the MTR and there are plenty of buses on Geylang Road.
The hotel is surrounded by a myriad of local eateries who provide both sit-in and take-away meals for tiny prices. There is an ATM, Post Office and Seven-Eleven only a few steps away. So although this hotel is quite basic it more than met my needs for the six nights I spent there.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo