“Nothing Special”

Add it.
Old Brown Shoe
Cuisines: European, British
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went for the quiz and the atmosphere was very good, however the bar itself disappointed that evening.

No Tiger, beer prices in my opinion is high for the area, some food not available, miserable barmaid and the toilet area is not very clean....

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Great pub but don't eat as the food was terrible. Maybe because it was a Sunday night but waited an hour for microwaved instant mashed potato... Ordered Shepherds Pie and was worst ever had globally.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I go to this pub often and they have the best fish and chips in Singapore and a good selection of beers, ciders and bitters.
It can get a little crowded, especially on quiz nights, but worth stopping for a pint when in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ok, maybe I'm asking to much, but I just want to find a pub close to me with a menu with more than 6 items on it. They have a menu here, and it does have more than six items, but apparently whatever is on the Specials board is what they are serving. And for a Saturday night to only have six choices is kinda lame.

But I had the vegetable samosas which were very flavorful, but mostly stuffed with potato. But for $7 and there were 8 pieces, it was good. We also tried the cheese fries with jalapeños. It was ok, but the jalapeños were pickled and they did not put nearly enough. Wanted to get a pizza but they were out pizza, not sure how that happens at a pub, but well, that was our answer.

But, on the good side, they do have a good list of ciders and they have some of the best liquor prices in our area. So, for that, I give them an average rating. Plus the staff there is very outgoing and friendly. Better than many of the bars of been into. But I still want a pub atmosphere with good food that's close to home. I'm going to keep looking and when I find it, I'll be sure to share it here

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Sunday Roast with all the trimmings at The Old Brown Shoe is a must! Three courses with two choices in each, $22.50 adults, $18.50 children. Great service, thanks Genesis. We're stuffed!

2  Thank Padd69