Klapstar Boutique Hotel
  • Restaurant
Chinatown Hotel(Singapore)
Park 22 Hotel(Singapore)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor jacuzzitanjong pagarcomplimentary minibarexecutive roomcoffee machineshower roomchecking instaycationchinatowncurtainswanreceptionistsofatubmall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The Grand Hyatt was full (my normal hotel) and I only got one night at the Four Seasons. So I had to go looking, and I'm very glad of that - but the Grand Hyatt has lost me for all time, I'm afraid. I've just found my favourite hotel. In the world. And I've stayed at lots.

This is a delightful, funky, fun, ingenious, gorgeous hotel. The staff are gorgeous, interested, with light in their eyes and interest in everything about you.

The rooms are FUNKY. But here's the key, and here's why it's not for everyone: There are only 17 rooms. Yes, a 17 room hotel in Singapore, in possibly the smallest building in the city - and it is brand new. And it is nothing like I have ever stayed in before.

To the guest who gave it three stars because they served bluefin tuna: get over it, dear.

To the guest who gave it one star it can only be a sick joke: "bad service just like how big and elaborated the hotel is." Right. "Big". 17 rooms. Yeah. So dear Trip Advisor - please remove that review! The hotel doesn't deserve its name to be tarnished by larrikens.

So if you can handle a wonderful, modern, incredibly functional small hotel, please don't book here. Because I want a room any time I visit, and the last thing I want is for it to be booked out!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NeilInOz51
Reviewed June 6, 2010

worst hotel ever! bad service just like how big and elaborated the hotel is. looking for a roomful of prissy staff, please check in at klapsons!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank shmily17
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Environment conscious travellers should be aware that the hotel's restaurant (Lucas) serves 'seared bluefin tuna' on it's a la carte menu

Reviewed December 26, 2009

Must stay! We stayed in the Oasis suite on the 24th of Dec. 2009.
Perfect! Beyond expectatation!

Reviewed November 4, 2009

a new boutique hotel in Singapore. Design-innovative. Level of service was outstanding during my short stay (2 nights), with an attentive staff (they greet you by your name). On the last day, they provided me with a room to rest and relax after I had checked out and before my flight (11pm back to Europe). Highly recommend this hotel for design fanatics, the lobby, the bar and the rooms are worth the experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business