“Pleasant boutique hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #181 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Alice Springs
“Pleasant boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a very pleasant stay at Klapsons.

First off, the beauty of this hotel, and its hallmark, is the design. From when you first see the lobby from outside, with the lamps at odd angles, to the reception egg, to the rooms themselves, there is a unique design. It gives the hotel a quirky feel.

We stayed in an Oasis Suite, which due to the open design is not like most suites, no separate rooms for sitting and sleeping areas, but provides you with plenty of space, if not quite as much as a usual suite. The bed was on the firmer side of comfortable, but sleep quality was still good. There was some intrusion of road noise in our room, and some of the large windows did not have blinds that fully covered them, but sleep quality was still high as the area is pretty quite at night. The bathroom was large and well designed, with plenty of space for two people and a large shower. What made the room for us was the outdoor jacuzzi on the small patio, which was comfortable for two people and was a great place to soak after a long day.

The internet in our room was pretty poor, especially when there were many users on the wireless. After being unable to check our business we asked reception what they could do for us, and they provided a 3G modem for our laptop that allowed us to get what done what we needed.

The service was above average, with reception always giving a greeting and all of our requests were met. The air conditioner in our room was broken at first, but after reporting it they had someone in to fix it that day.

Breakfast at the hotel was a disappointment. A small selection of meats, fruits and breads with eggs cooked to order. There was no rice, with which I have grown used to breaking my fast. There is enough to be filling, but we skipped breakfast at the hotel a few times to eat nearby.

The location is great for business and pleasure, being a short 5 minute walk from an MRT station from which you can get to anywhere in Singapore. We went to the Singapore Zoo and Universal Studios on this trip and had no troubles. We even took the MRT to get too and from Changi, which was very cheap and not terribly bothersome. There is a mall nearby, 100AM, that has many restaurants and a food court on the top floor where you can get a wide selection of dishes at very good value.

Overall we had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel. If we for any reason visit Singapore again we would definitely consider Klapsons for our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob C
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments & valuable comments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your feedback & will further improve ourselves to meet your expectations & make your stay the most memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is my second stay at klapsons, I'm over Orchard Rd Hotels and those near busy tourist areas. klapsons is quiet, very welcoming - close to the CBD and with easy access by taxi to Changi Airport - less than $S25 - and major attractions. Even taxi drivers appreciate missing the traffic jams.

My room this time had a rain shower which was really good - even though central to the room, the floor area generally keeps dry.

The bed was super comfortable with modern furnishings, nice tv and very quiet once the curtains were closed at night. No noise heard from other guests - hallways very quiet.

The inclusions - wifi, mini bar and full breakfast - add to the experience.

Breakfast and dinner options in the Sleeping Rhino restaurant are just right.

The staff are friendly, very helpful with any query - remembered me from last time.

Ordering taxi's is a breeze with an automated booking service - wait time is less than 10 minutes.

Check in and check out was fast - the benefit of being a boutique hotel.

An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are extremely happy we made your 2nd stay with us a memorable one again. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
El Segundo, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was previously staying at the Mandarin Orchard Rd and wanted to change both location and ambiance on a business trip that was extended from 4 to 7 days. And a fine choice it was. While this hotel - or at least my suite room - seemed to be more geared to couples (the outdoor Jacuzzi and candles, the room's various mood lighting choices, the "shower chair," etc), the hotel worked fine for me for business. The location is an easy walk to Neils Road, is not far from the Central Business District, and taxis were not difficult to find. Just carry a hotel business card when going out as not one taxi knew the hotel. The front desk folks were very helpful, and there was never a wait. The rooftop bar has a hip vibe to it from the moment you enter the industrial/service graffiti filled elevator. My only regret was that my wife was not there with me as she would have loved the outdoor Jacuzzi. Negatives? Bathroom area could use better lighting. Overall, a very nice place.
Bed - comfy 5 of 5
Cleanliness 5 of 5
Service 5 of 5
Value 4 of 5
Room View - natural light, big windows - 5 of 5
Uniqueness 5 of 5

Room Tip: suite was on the $$$ side, but worth it for a couple
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank WhiskyDoc
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your feedback on having better lighting in the bathroom & will improve further to make your stay an even more memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed for 10 nights at Klapsons. It is very convenient and nice place. 2 MRT stations just near of the hotel and it is very convenient. Breakfast is good too. Choice of fruits, different kind of eggs and muesli make it OK. The design of front office and the lobby of the hotel looks amazing. I can recommend this hotel for business purposes and just to have a good hotel's experience with design flavour.

Room Tip: MRT just 5 minutes walk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IgorUBelousov
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are extremely happy we made your stay a memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely loved staying at Klapsons. Small hotel but excellent service from friendly staff. I had a problem in my first room with a leaking faucet that covered the bathroom floor in water, reported it to the front desk and was immediately upgraded to a bigger room.
The small breakfast buffet had the usual fruit, yogurt, cereal and bacon, sausage and egg. The secret to the buffet was the attention to detail. No dry eggs and rock hard curls of bacon to found, Every time a guest walked in for breakfast their eggs were prepared the way they required it. The rest of the menu was good too. The only complaint I had was the 24 hour room service menu that had nothing I wanted every time I ordered from it. The staff however would send up cake for the lack of sandwiches or fresh fruit when I wanted cake and did not charge me for it.
I would definitely Singapore again and stay at Klapsons.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive comments. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your feedback on the 24 hour menu & will further improve our food choices to meet your expectation. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

On this trip I spent one night at Klapsons on my way to Thailand and I had 2 nights there on the way back from Thailand. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Klapsons the front office staff are amazing helpful,polite,cheerful and very efficient. I enjoyed the room and the shower which reminded me a bit of a car wash or in my case a bus wash. The rooms whilst maybe a little too small were well appointed and quiet which ensured a good nights sleep. Breakfast was great and well worth getting up to go and eat in the coffee shop. Overall a fun place to stay in a very convenient location where I will no doubt stay again on my next trip to Singapore.

Room Tip: I would suggest the corner suites as they are larger and quite sunny.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments. I have shared your kind words with our front desk team and they are extremely happy they made your stay a memorable one. Once again, thank you for choosing klapsons & we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was on biz trip and stayed at Klapsons for 1 night. The lobby is nice, very much the designer hotel. I got the room where the shower is not inside the washroom but is in the middle of the room, unenclosed, next to the bed. The steam stayed on the surfaces - mirror, cabinets - long after I showered. But the experience is ok.

The complimentary wifi was hopeless... You might be able to connect to whatsapp for 10 seconds on and off if you are standing close enough to the door, and ironically the best place to receive wifi and where u can sit is the washroom. Absolutely unacceptable.

And I found later that even my mobile was not able to receive any signal when I sit on the bed, which is ridiculous. The A/C air grille was filled with dust and definitely needs cleaning.

Breakfast at Rhino was simple with not much choices. Overall not a hotel that I would visit again.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Your comment is valuable to us & we thank you for your kind feedback. We will work harder to meet your expectations in the future. I have also passed your feedback to the team. Once again, thank you for staying with us.