“Outstanding Northern Indian food”

Tandoori Corner - Balestier Road
Ranked #442 of 10,791 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Tandoori Corner we promise to serve -Fine Dining Quality food in a casual setting at wallet friendly prices . Restaurant is located in the heart of Singapore at Balestier road which is famous for eateries. Tandoori Corner's Balestier outlet was opened in 2008 to cater to foodie Singaporeans and International visitors to our island city state.
New York, NY
“Outstanding Northern Indian food”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

What a delightful surprise -- this recently opened restaurant more than met my expectations (not that I am such an expert on Indian food!). My friends and I had a dinner of about eight (!) courses ... starting with two appetizers to die for: Papdi Chat and Onion Bhaji. Of the remaining dishes, I especially loved the Punjabi Dhal, the Aloo Gobi and the Mushroom Pillau.

I visit Singapore rather frequently -- no question but that I will head back to this new restaurant again!

• Visited October 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Indian style at liitle high price!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We 3 friends been here for quick dinner because we had reserved for movie in Shaw Balestier for an Tollywood movie "Orange". We were hungry and time was very less for movie. Staff understood us while we talking over table and offered quick service to make sure we reach Shaw Balestier soon. Food quality was good, quick service had offered and price was little high.

• Visited November 2010
Singapore
“Average food, restaurant price”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

For a non-restaurant setting, the price is considered high. While the food is ok, I can get better quality food at this price around Singapore. Try Vash at the kallang indoor stadium, more romantic and tastier food

Singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian food we ever had”
Reviewed January 27, 2011

If you like to try great Indian food you have to go to Tandoori Corner. We live in Singapore and each time we have guests we bring them there at least once during their stay. So far everybody loved the food and it´s also not expensive. The service is great and everybody is nice and caring. Definitely a must!

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Michaela888
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably the worst restaurant I've ever been to.”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We went to this restaurant with high expectations, after reading all the positive reviews on tripadvisor. After eating at Tandoori Corner, I've now lost my trust for tripadvisor. Seriously, there is not one positive thing I can say about this restaurant. There is no indoor seating; only a few dirty chairs and tables set up outside in the corridor of Balestier Plaza. While we were eating, it started raining, and a bit of the dirty rain water landed straight into our food and our faces. The waiters were rude and aloof, and the service was horrible. They have very few dishes, so we didn't really have too many options. The food took ages to arrive, and once it finally came, it was terribly disappointing. I am from India, and I've eaten at countless Indian restaurants, and this was easily the worst. It was bland (and I told the waiter to make it extra spicy), flavorless, and not at all authentic. And the quantity was also quite small, so you're going to have to order more than you usually do. So at least the price must be decent, right? Not quite. It cost $40 for 3 people, which is not worth paying for this restaurant.

4 Thank mani297