“Small Hotel, Great Location.”
Review of Hotel Conforto

Hotel Conforto
Ranked #123 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Bali, Indonesia
“Small Hotel, Great Location.”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed here from a recommendation of a friend. I just turned up at the door early morning hoping they could give me a room. Reception was very friendly my whole stay and told me I could have a room at 2p.m., so I paid and left my bags and went out for a look around the area.

The hotel is just across the road to the Central Mall and 5 minutes walk to Clarke/Boat Quay with all the restaurants, bars and nightclubs also very close to China Town and Orchid Road and the MRT station was just across the road. An absolutely fantastic location to be in for me and I really enjoyed it.

The room I had was S$100 and was a superior single with shared bathroom, which was actually OK as everything was immaculately clean. The room is very small, but I was expecting that, as my friend told me so. There were the usual toiletries, coffee & tea making facilities, TV with a few channels and AC. WiFi internet worked very well in my room and they also have computers/WiFi in the reception area.The hotel was quiet so it was easy to sleep peacefully.

This might seem expensive for such a small room with shared facilities but Singapore is very expensive for hotels, so if you are on a budget this is good value unless you want to stay in one of the backpackers hotels which mainly have dorm. style rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian Raymond C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
sydney
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We only stayed for a night, Le Hotel is conveniently located next to Clark Quay metro and the Boat Quay bar area, on a quiet street. There is a small reception area and internet/wireless access.
For the price and location it is a good deal, however we scored an inside room, with not windows, which was unusual in my experience. There was a large ensuite bathroom though, but the feeling inside is rather claustrophobic.
The staff were helpful and friendly and available 24 hrs.
There a plenty of eating options nearby and wlaking distance to shopping centres and transport.
Overall simple, clean and convenient, but definitely no bells and whistles.

Room Tip: Avoid the windowless rooms at all costs!. The website does not necessarily state that you are bookin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
KL
Reviewed September 4, 2012

For SGD100 (last minute walk-in) for a short 1-night stay in the twin bed with private en suite (fourth floor) it was value for money considering. Very close to Clarke Quay area and a MRT station very close by.

The windowed room was spartan but neat and clean. Airconditioning worked fine and had a TV (only 2 channels though). The complimentary wifi worked very well and was quite fast. Complimentary bottled water and a electric kettle provided.

Happy with the bathroom's cleanliness although the shower wasn't as powerful as I would like. 2 clean towels and shower gel provided.

The only minor point I'd like to point out is a loud generator-like noise that didn't let up. Possibly from a nearby building so not the hotel's but slightly bothersome.

Room Tip: Room 402 had window the entire side of a wall.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Philippines
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is my first time to stay on a plain room with shared bathroom. Staying there in less than a day (actually less than 8 hrs stay in my room) is not bad. The reception officer is a Filipino.

Expect the Standard Single Room to be really small. I had no television, no window and no breakfast. I had no troubles on using the shower bathroom at the second floor, no line-up of guests at 6am.

There is television in the common area. They also have two computer units with internet.

It is safe to leave my luggage on the caretaker and get it back late in the evening. Going back to the airport is not a problem, Clarke Quay MRT Station is nearby and there is also taxi station near the South Bridge Road.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ruffeecola
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I coincidentally saw Le Hotel during my stay at Clark Quay area earlier. I booked Le Hotel single room with shared bathroom on Thursday July 5th 2012 via Agoda special rate @Sing$85, and it was a very good deal. Although the room looks like a prison cell, but surprisingly it fit very well with my needs! What I need is a quite room for one-night sleep, not too pricy, clean, and with easy access to public transport, but I don't want to share with others.

The single room at Le Hotel is very small, but as long as you are typical Asian size then it still manageable. The bed is ok, not too hard like other budget hotel, but not soft either. They provide a coffee maker and one bottle of water, and although small there's plenty of space to put your stuff.

Public bathroom located 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor which they keep neat and clean, and in fact all premises are well kept with fresh odor. Kudos to all house keeping team.

Free wifi available but not work on my laptop, but since my room just few step from their public PC then fine with me.

If you want a budget accommodation below Sin$100/night on strategic location, clean but also want some privacy, Le Hotel will be your hidden gem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank kputra
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed June 14, 2012

The best thing Le Hotel has going for it is the excellent location; the hotel is near an MRT station and is along major bus routes. Taxis often pass the main road.

On my floor, presumably all single rooms, 6 rooms in total shared the bathroom. My biggest complaint (which really isn't all that big) is that both the shower & toilet are housed in the same bathroom. Singapore HDB flats normally separate them so that they can both be used at the same time.

My single room had a kettle (HUGE plus for me), a television (rarely used) and an air-conditioner. I also had a small window that opened up to pretty much nothing. I can't comment whether all rooms have windows - some reviews seem to point otherwise - but I did appreciate that I could let in fresh air every morning.

I was provided a fresh towel every morning. I also got some bath soap & shampoo which I didn't use.

Closet space was small but at least they provide hangers.

Free WiFi in the rooms but there were 2 nights when the WiFi went down. There are also 2 free-to-use PCs connected to the Internet via LAN. The Internet did go down one morning but it was fine for the rest of my stay.

The hotel was extremely clean. The rooms, the bathroom, the common area... kudos to the cleaning crew!

All in all, Le Hotel is thus far the best budget accommodation I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Some reviewers have said that not all rooms have a window. If you want a window, best to request a r...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bandung, Jawa Barat,Indonesia
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had superior room with window ( most of room have no window) ..the room is clean n has a free wifi, the bathroom was more large than the other budget hotel i'd ever visited..5 minutes walk to MRT station..

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family