“Room is small ,well modern and maintained”

Aqueen Hotel Lavender
Ranked #161 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights.the checking was fast.The room was well clean.We didn't stay much in room.we started travelling around place.we found some good restaurants.travelling by bus is confusing, it is more easy travel by train.the station are closer to hotel.breakfast was nice and so many choices.hoping to come back again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Ishak N,

Thank you so much for the positive review and we are glad that you have enjoyed our hospitality, services and easily-accessible location.

It has been our pleasure hosting you and the Aqueen Hotel team look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel is nice, the rooms a bit tight but still comfortable for tourists like us who don't stay much in the room. Breakfast was nice with very good service. I like the modern interior and the room is very clean and well maintained. It is a bit of a walk to the train station but nevertheless, we are happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven H

Dear Steven H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your compliments and feedback and are delighted that you have enjoyed your accommodation at Aqueen Lavender Hotel.

We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

From lavender station to the hotel still need a bit of walking. The better way the reach the hotel is still by bus after get off from the station. Taking bus number 145 is easy to get to various of attraction like bugis, Clarke quay, vivo city, Henderson bridge. The room is really small, not much space to walking around. Free wifi for room guest. Quite clean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank choy_yin

Dear Choy_yin,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us and for providing valuable travel information for guests intending to stay at Aqueen Lavender Hotel.

We appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days. I found that the hotel was quite far from Lavender Station, specially under the scourching hot Singaporean Sun while pulling my luggage around. It took me about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk from the station to reach the hotel. I think we passed by several hotels a lot closer to Lavender Station with room prices not far off from what we paid.

Check-in was brief and quick. The room was clean, modern and well maintained. The aircon was working very well and the tv had cable. The size of the room was quite disappointing though. It was so small, we had a hard time looking for a place to open up our luggage. The toilets were pretty small as well. For the price we paid, I thought the rooms would be bigger.

Surprisingly, unlike most customer service you will get in Singapore, their receptionists were actually pretty friendly and helpful. We had a few questions regarding good places to eat and they were able to help us very well.

Given the plethora of hotels in Singapore with better locations and more competitive prices, I think I'll be staying somewhere else next time I'm in SG.

To anyone like me, who is unfamiliar with the buses in Singapore, I think it's better to stay at a hotel just beside a train station. This can be a real time-saver, specially if you're only in the city for a couple of days.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank macpao87
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Macpao87,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to learn
that you have enjoyed our hospitality during your recent stay with us. We will continue to strive to provide consistent, dedicated and genuine service to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Aqueen Lavender Hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Pros:
Rooms were very neat.
Free wifi speed was good.
Interiors were good.

Cons:
Rooms were very small that we had to find place to place our luggage, it was like a one way inside the room i mean only one can move in one area and the other one has to wait i mean both cannot move at the same time, the air conditioner in the room weren't effective, the bathrooms were so small that one has to come out of the shower cabin to apply soap, there is no proper exhaust in the bathroom for the pungent small to get out. Buffet breakfast items were same everyday(3 days of our stay) and worst in taste.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner are bit spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmarVenkat

Dear AmarVenkat,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this review. We are delighted that the hotel
cleanliness and services provided are to your satisfaction.

We appreciate your feedback about the unpleasant smell and due to the high humidity level in Singapore, we have alerted housekeeping to take the proper steps to air out and deodorise all rooms to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We have taken your feedback and will review the breakfast offerings. It is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again, and it is through feedback like yours that helps us to be better.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to having an opportunity to host you again.

Aqueen Hotels Management Team

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Rooms were kind of small, the aircon in one of the corner rooms was not working as expected, and there were (sometimes) a sort of pungent smell from the drain.

However, all those were fine with us because the rooms were always clean, the staff was friendly and super accomodating and the hotel location was accessible to all modes of transportation we needed (train, bus, taxi). We'll recommend this hotel to those who want good value but have tight budgets.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Praise U

Dear Lampraisenicu;

Thank you for taking the time out to provide your feedback.

We are disappointed to learn that there were defects in the room during your stay. Please be assured that the defects have been acknowledged and rectified by the hotel's engineer. We are very pleased to know that the service and location of the hotel have served you well during your stay with us.
It is through continuous feedback from valuable guests as yourselves, that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide and ensure they meet our guests’ expectations.

We thank you once again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Seldom have I read reviews of a hotel which so sharply divided opinion to various ends of the scoring spectrum. I for one must declare at the outset that I booked this hotel based on TA reviews and on balance have not been disappointed. My research uncovered what I consider expensive accommodation in the exotic city of Singapore. As I am on a 10 week vacation my requirements are very much dictated by budget and this hotel ‘fitted’ the bill.
I was aware of the conflicting reports about room size; shower size and noise but was essentially driven by budget. As in so many cases I have found everything is relative. I have stayed in some 5 star hotels in various parts of the world and this establishment just would not compare. However, and realistically, I would suggest it never set out to compete in that league. This establishment is clearly aimed at the budget traveller and is very much in the 3 star league. I think it competes very well in that category.
Room – It sure is nice to have a large room, a suite even but for a short stay it is not critical for me. Other than sleeping in the room I am seldom there so the really important thing is a reasonable bed and clean bed linen. This hotel was fine on both counts. The AC unit was effective and the lighting was good. I have stayed in hotels with smaller rooms, most notably in Europe and Scandinavia.
En-Suite – Yes here again things were tight but it is not the smallest I have been in. I found it fit for purpose.
Noise – There was considerable traffic noise which I knew about before I booked. I was surprised however to discover a lot of traffic noise in the middle of the night. I was also disturbed between 11pm – 12MN by some other inconsiderate guests. There is nothing much the hotel can do about this.
Reception (checking in and out) – The reception is small with insufficient seating for arriving guests. This is an issue that could easily be addressed by Management. That apart the checking procedures were fine.
Breakfast – The availability of breakfast at 15sgd in the adjoining restaurant was offered and I knew of this when I booked. I chose to eat elsewhere and found a reasonable selection around the Lavender MRT station (subway).
Location/Transport – The hotel is a 9 minute walk from Lavender MRT station. However with baggage, high temperatures and humidity this really means around 15 minutes. That would be around the boundary one would find acceptable and to be honest it is a little far. I found it easier to use Horne Street from the station rather than Lavender Street. This brings one to the ‘back’ of the hotel.
There is a good train service from Changi Airport to Lavender and even though one has to change train this is a straightforward service. The trains are busy though and it will be quite a challenge with baggage if travelling at peak-times.
Having researched this I found it best to purchase an Ez-Link card at the airport. Ok I lost 5sgd on the card purchase but at 12sgd I had 7sgd credit to get me started. The credit on the card when I returned to the airport was refunded to me.
Trains into the City from Lavender during the morning peak are packed but run every few minutes. On some occasions I had to wait for maybe the third or fourth train before I could ‘squeeze’ on.
Generally the hotel is a little ‘out of the way’ but I think this is reflected in the price.
Dinner – I can recommend the Lighthouse Bistro on the junction of Horne Street and Jellicoe Street close to Lavender MRT station.
Misc – There is a fusty smell around the hotel at times. Some other reviews blame the carpet but I thought perhaps it was the AC system; I was not sure though. Not particularly welcome I was content believing AC is a necessary evil in such an atmosphere.
Finally – Yes I would book this hotel again with my eyes ‘wide open’. There were no real surprises as I had researched it prior to booking. If you are seeking luxury or spacious accommodation then I recommend you look elsewhere but be prepared to pay for it.
I have added a few photographs.

Room Tip: Away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank CDinNI
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear CDinNI;

We are appreciative of your kind commendation of Aqueen Lavender Hotel and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Certainly, the rooms in Aqueen Hotels offer a cosy atmosphere and cleanliness is maintained so our guests are able to enjoy a comfortable stay. We have highlighted your suggestion on the increasing the seating in our reception area to our Management for consideration.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you on your future visit to Singapore.

Warm regards,