“Aqueen , not great, just Ok”

Aqueen Hotel Lavender
Ranked #156 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have booked earlier for Aqueen Lavender Hotel ( months earlier) and have requested for a non smoking room but upon checking in we were given a smoking room , receptionist said it was all dependent on the availability of the room. Sadly we were there during the F1 event at Singapore so rooms are more expensive than usual. Pros: Large and spacious room ( we were given a corner deluxe room which is larger than most standard rooms),the light controls are impressive, huge windows, breakfast is included in our stay ( though the choices are very limited but husband and I are not breakfast eaters anyway, but the food might be an issue to other guests because they just repeat the menu, lots of greasy fried foods too for the kids i think), coffee is good. Free wifi in your room. Complimentary water and coffee/ tea is replenished everyday. Cons: we waited a long time to be checked in ( around 45 minutes ) as we were told that our room is still being cleaned ( arrived at around 3-4pm), the receptionists really needs to smile more. I noticed that our sheets are not replaced daily because I saw very light stain on it and the next day it was still there. The pillows are really hard for the neck,it gave me a neck ache. The hotel is somewhat far from everything but it is in a quiet neighborhood with lots of car parts shops, hardware stores, and budget hotels/ hostels around, walk to the train station is 7-10 minutes. If you have a senior citizen with you it is not very advisable. Also it is beside Singapore Casket , which does not bother us at all, but other guests might be turned off by it. There is a food court nearby that is open until midnight but we were not able to check it out. The housekeeping personnel are hospitable enough to smile and greet at guests. Unfortunately there were very loud senior citizens on the other room so we heard their loud voices and shouting at midnight, but there was really nothing that the hotel management could do about it. If given a choice I would not stay here again. One can locate a better hotel for the same price in Singapore.

Room Tip: Deluxe room are bigger so it's a better choice, also request for higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aqueen Hotel Lavender

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My room is 610, the aircon was not in good condition and operated noisy whole night, although we called the front desk to find someone to solve the problem, the mechanic person reply us that we have to wait until tomorrow. Therefore, we turned it off in order to have a sleep, but we did not make it. Thelocation for Chinese is not ok coz it's just beside Singapore casket which I don't know in advance. However, the breakfast is good, especially the staff who serve us on date 14th Oct.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank LilyTseng
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Neat but characterless hotel. The rooms were clean and modern, but something missing to make the atmosphere complete. The hotel did not give negative or positive feelings. The staff were polite but not particularly warm.
The rooms had free WiFi, but it was locked with a password and allowed only one device at a time. So it was impossible to use two iPhones same time.
Breakfast was a disappointment, in our opinion selection was limited.
Also the location was a bit far away from everything, even from the nearest metro station. One can find much better located hotel at same price in Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

After traveling a lot in US, this was my trip to Singapore. And the only thing that disappointed me was the hotel. I reached at 7:30 am and was told that check-in is at 2:00 pm. When asked what I shall do for next 6-7 hours, I was asked to go to Mustafa Center! I somehow felt that it was a racist comment.

Though breakfast was complimentary, since I could not check in, they initially refused to serve breakfast. Later, after I said I will pay for it, I was able to eat. Anyways, after 2 hours, I got another room but had to pay half day rent for early check-in. (And no, they didn't return the breakfast money).

Another surprise was in store for me in the room. It was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen! Though it was nicely made, clean and all but it was really small. I had to be careful while even taking bath.

Thankfully I was out of hotel most of the time, so it didn't bother me so much afterwards. But I will definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book the Queen sized rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hard to get good value in Singapore, so after much research booked this hotel for my daughter and her son. They found the hotel clean, quiet and more than adequate for an overnight stop. Breakfast was cold (but hey, this is Asia), but ample. Convenience of the position was an added bonus. Staff were adequate, except the one who made our bed (yes, bed, they did not get the twin I booked), the sheet was too short for the bed, so I assume was made "sideways". All in all, good value, keeping in mind it is Singapore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bettyboopinv
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The best value for money I have found in Singapore, I lost a memory key in the foyer and as I entered my room received a phone call asking if it I had dropped it, also staff very helpfully with directions to a food court. Fantastic and only a 2 minute walk. Was not brave enough to try the Eminent frog porridge head branch! , but everything there even western-style fried rice. Rooms are small but this is Singapore , but very clean, highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Couldn't find any flaws with this hotel considering the rate they charge. Room was clean and we were well looked after during our stay. One suggestion I could make is some more information about the local surrounds be made available for example via a large map that can be located in the reception. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple