“Splendid Staff "stuff"!”

Ranked #11 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore
“Splendid Staff "stuff"!”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The few important aspects of customer servicing is,

- Product knowledge
- Friendliness
- Patience
- Care & Concern for your guests

I would like to commend the two guys of Wangz Hotel, Mark from the front desk reception and Jufri, Assistant Manager for those points listed above have been fully showcased by these two gentlemen. What started out as a research for a nice weekend getaway got a little difficult as all the other hotels like Link Hotel and Scarlet Hotel Singapore didn't quite have very good staff who can handle conversations very well.

Let me proliferate my point. I spoke with Mark at about 4 to 5 plus in the morning after getting horrible, impatient and lousy language spoken replies from the other two hotels. He was very knowledgeable on the room amenities, cost price of each room and even down to the room size. He spoke with such patience and explained every detail to me carefully and cheerfully, given the time of the night. The other two hotel receptionists had to put me on hold for the various questions I asked, which were standard questions by the way and each time when they are back in the conversation, they sound impatient and quite eager to end the call. But not with Mark. He even told me which room was more cost effective and which had better view of the city streets. Can you imagine this, a service staff who is more interested in making sure my stay was a happy and worthwhile one and not considering the overall cost price of what I'd be paying? Now, that's what I call excellent service! My decision to finally have my weekend stay with Wangz Hotel was largely due to Mark's professionalism and patience with me.

Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Jufri who always had his smile ready for us even throughout the stay. He would constantly ask me if my girlfriend and I enjoyed ourselves and was always interested to know how he can further make our stay a pleasant one. He took time to carefully show us all the rooms that the hotel has to offer and even upgraded us to the Balcony room which in my opinion was an excellent room!

The room was spacious, and super chic modern looking. The beds, pillows and blankets were comfy, the TV was huge and was mounted on the wall, lights could all be controlled at the comfort of your bedside. DVD players are by your side where you could get a list of movies from the front desk. The rain shower was an excellent concept that they acquired, giving us guests the feel of tranquility right in the very comfort of our rooms. I love particularly the soft pipe in Jazz music that they have.

Back to the service of the staff. I accidentally broke one of the lamp bulbs and the staff were up in double quick time to repair it for us and even cautioned me to watch my steps in case there were very small pieces scattered around. He took time to vacuum every single area around the table and kept apologising that he is taking a long time. I was touched by the fact that even though it was my fault, he could apologise and say that he felt bad for taking a long time to clean up the place. A huge pity I didn't get his name.

I left the next day with very high hopes of coming back again because my girlfriend and I enjoyed the place tremendously, highly so because of the excellent and simply perfect customer experience that we had.

A month later, I told Jufri that I'd like to book another weekend and I told him it was for my girlfriend's birthday. He went ahead of his jobscope to prepare for us a complimentary cake, asking me which flavour she likes and what her name was. Most places I know would not bother about making sure the flavour of the cake was correct and they would much less bother about the birthday person's name. Jufri was sweet and detailed, making sure that the cake was chocolate and non spongy. He even asked if I'd like wine, sparkling or champagne. This indeed made me feel like a very valued guest to them.

The room I got this time was the Soak Room and it was like a palace. Everything was just like the first room, clean and neat when we arrived and Jufri arranged for the room to be decorated for my girlfriend's birthday! Good job! The bathtub was huge and the water pressure of the washroom was good and strong and the fluctuations of the temperature were quick, unlike other hotels' which takes a longer time.

Overall, my stay has been very pleasant, and I'd like to reemphasize on the top notch service quality from the staff of Wangz Hotel, obviously attributing it to Mark and Jufri. The face of any industry will always begin with the staff that they have and these two chaps are indeed the pride of Wangz Hotel.

Keep up the good work gentlemen and I foresee your hotel to be one of the best if not The Best boutique hotel in Singapore!

A. Ng

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Such a great hotel, we stayed in a beautiful, trendy, modern room with a little balcony. Great modcons in the room and a nice shower. Staff were just so unbelievably friendly we were sad to leave - they honestly couldn't do enough for us and were very smiley and generous. Breakfast was quite nice. Location is a bit different and you do need to walk a while or take a cheap cab to shops and restaurants but the neighbourhood away from the main roads is actually very nice for a stroll and a glimpse of real Singapore life.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank libero7
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2010

We stayed 3 nights here on our way to Malaysia. We were picked up from the airport by the hotel and transported effortlessly to our room. The room was more spacious than we expexted, and beautifully decorated with a large comfy bed. The bathroom was immaculate with Molton Brown toiletries a real bonus! and great shower. The hotel is within ten minutes walk to the tube (Outram Park) and travel on the tube is so cheap and easy, a great way to get around the city. Instead of paying for a taxi back to the airport we went on the tube and it cost less than £5, and took around 40 minutes. Drinks in the hotel are quite expensive 2 Tiger Beers around $26 but the bar is nice and open. Breakfast was OK. The staff were vey pleasant and effecient. The room we had was noisy due to the hotel being near the highway.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at the Deluxe room for two nights. Upon checking in, we were pleasantly surprised with the size and style of the room - it was spacious, cool and cozy, while the bathroom was roomy with a nice rain shower and supplied with Molton Brown products.

The bed was very comfortable, free WiFi was very useful for us, and we enjoyed the pipe-in jazz music in the room throughout the day. We also liked that we could borrow DVDs for free from the reception.

Our only complaint is the noisy gushing sound of water on the ceiling, which came in all hours and kept waking us up in the middle of the night. Some sort of gutter problem? We also found the slamming of heavy doors of other rooms to be rather bothersome, but our episode could have been the exception as our floor had a group of young people running between their rooms.

Service was very pleasant, the staff were friendly, helpful and made it a point to address us by name. Breakfast was simple but sufficient. Parking within the hotel is very limited, but we were lucky to always find a space.

The location of the hotel may not be the best, but meals at the Tiong Bahru market and nearby restaurants are highly recommended. We would definitely come back to stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Don't be put off by the not-too-central location or the tiny bit of negativity about breakfast selection. The Outram Park MRT Station is a shady 5 minute walk away, and the hotel breakfast is fine (especially if you are not looking for fried noodles and coconut rice at 8am in the morning). They have a good selection of fruit, decent coffee, pastries, eggs however you like, congee, pancakes, selection on breads, cereals and yoghurt. If that doesn't suffice, there is a rather famous Tiong Bahru Snacks shop next door.

The hotel's exterior is worth a mention - it stands out from the rows of shophouses in its shiny metallic eggy-ness. On the other hand, the interior of the hotel exudes warmth and simple comfort. The bed was excellent, the pillows plush and the rain shower in the spacious shower room was enjoyable to say the least. The pictures on the hotel website make the rooms look a little on the cramped side, but we found it to be very spacious and comfortable.

While on the trip, we had to do quite an array of office work (printing, scanning, etc) and were allowed free use of the iMac in the lobby. And we were not charged a single Singaporean cent for the printing and the scanning. It definitely made our trip easier and more comfortable, as we were worried that we would have to look for a business centre or an internet cafe.

One other very important thing - do not leave this hotel without going for dinner at one of the seafood restaurants next door. Our pick is the one next to Tian Tian Seafood. We forget the name, but there are pink table cloths on the tables outside, a lame dog, and an enthusiastic middle aged man running the place. It is one restaurant further from the hotel, from Tian Tian. And they serve the best deep fried frog with crispy ginger. Never tried frog? This is the place to start. Another good order is the smoked duck and the fried seafood noodles, and also the sambal petai.

Back to the hotel - excellent. Go for it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The staff did absolutely everything possible to make my stay a perfect one and were helpful beyond comparison - from check in, daily operations, to final departure, as mentioned in my tweets. I also appreciated all the many little extras. The bed was impressive - such a deep sleep that I nearly slept in for a couple of important meetings. And the free wi-fi is perfect for anyone on a business trip. So good I'd like to see Wangz up for an Award. It was even better than the Castle Steps in Prague!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Barcelona
Reviewed August 21, 2010

What an amazing bed!! Super comfortable. Very nice and new rooms. Very clean and modern. The oly bad things: location (quite far away from everything) and value for money (Very expensive!)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple