“Great baby friendly service”
Review of Wangz Hotel

Wangz Hotel
Ranked #9 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in May with our 1-year old daughter. The staff were exceptionally helpful and provided a crib, bathtub and baby soap without needing to be asked. Our room was spacious and clean allowing for our daughter to crawl around.

Service was fantastic and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Unlike most other hotels I have stayed in, Wangz provided complementary water, juice and soft drinks from the mini-bar which was a nice change. They also loaned us an umbrella when they saw we would be going out in the rain.

The hotel is located about a 10 minute walk from the Outram Park train station which is a little bit far for Singapore (especially if it is hot and you are hauling your luggage and a baby), but buses and taxis are available from the train station. A taxi from the hotel to the station cost us about $3 SGD.

It is a fairly new hotel, hopefully they can keep up this level of service. As it stands I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank FredNeal
There are newer reviews for Wangz Hotel

Reviewed May 14, 2010

stayed at this hotel with my wife &19 year old son & his girlfriend for 5 days the staff at the hotel were all outstanding, could'nt be more helpful, a pleasure to stay here and have already recommended hotel to some friends. Hope to get the chance to come back one day soon. Gretchelle and Mohammed were outstandingly pleasant, superb service from them. The rooftop bar was an excellent area to relax in, and the restaurant was good value for money and excellent food . All in all our stay was perfect,

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank leslieandvicky
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Bright, spacious and modern but tastefully decorated rooms with fantastic facilities including iPod dock, huge flat screen tv and great shower with rain shower head. Nothing like it. Also big floor to ceiling windows create an impression of even more space and brightness. I'm not gone on the metal facade of the hotel but doesn't affect the quality of stay. Only downside for me is the location. It's s good distance from the nearest MRT station (about 700 metres with several busy roads to cross) and this can be bothersome in the heavy, humid weather.
Overall the staff go above and beyond to make sure all your needs are met.

2  Thank roscowhitney
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I travel frequently around Asia in business and i can honestly say that Wangz Hotel in Singapore is propably the best hotel i have ever stayed in... The hotel is a bit far from the city centre (South) and it doesnt have a swiming pool or business-centre. However, the staff is fantastic and the service incredeble, they make the whole experience! The rooms are very confortable and the restaurant has a simple but delicious menu. I recomend this hotel to everyone i know!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank AndBac
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at the Wangz hotel for four night in March 2010. What a delightful hotel this is. It is small, with just 41 rooms, but cozy. The rooms are quite large with a very attractive bathroom. Each room is decorated with original artwork. Our room has a couple of paintings by a Thai artist.

What makes our stay memorable is the courtsey and the helpfulness of the staff. They learnt our names during the first day and addressed us by our names through out our stay. Whenever we needed any information about Singapore, they responded immediately and accurately, with a smile.

Our stay also include a complimentary breakfat, which includes fruits and jiuce, coffee, pastries, eggs and breakfast meat.

We used the fitness center once and found it to be adequate. The cross trainer is very similar to the one I use at home.

We like a small hotel since all the facillities are so close by. There is no long hallway to walk to our room. We went up to the roof top where there is a bar. The view is quite gorgeous, and the setting is very relaxing.

We will definitely come back to the Wangz hotel when we travel to Singapore. We can recommend this hotel to either a business person or a vacationing couple.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liketotravel1002
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Stayed for one night on return trip from Perth. I was accommodated with a 6am check in, and very courteous check in from the man on duty, Thomas. I got an unasked for room upgrade as well! As I was leaving early next morning before breakfast, I was surprised to be given a sandwich to take away, as I would miss breakfast! The restaurant is great, with a fine menu, and the rooftop bar has great views of singapore. I could not commend the staff highly enough. I will be back. Tom, Dublin, Ireland.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank TomMansfield
Reviewed January 13, 2010

Some one needs to post photos of the bathrooms! What a way to start your day - nothing better than a "dance in the rain". Truly a boutique hotel - my daughter and I could not stop ooing and aaing at the interior design of the rooms.

Yes the hotel is very new but even new can be dirty. Wangz is NOT - it is all that a traveler wants, clean and comfortable.

What truly stands out is the 5 star treatment by the staff. I have seldom stayed in a hotel where the staff was eager to help. Every single one greeted us by name and with a smile and was attentive to our needs. I never felt that I was actually bothering a member of staff with a request.

Although I was not really on a business trip I did make use of the amenities the hotel had to offer. Printing service and free WiFi!

Keep it up Wangz Hotel Staff!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family