“Beautiful Clean Hotel”
Review of Wangz Hotel

Wangz Hotel
Ranked #11 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The room was clean. The free breakfast was large and had wonderful selection. The hotel is a few blocks from the metro, but there are plenty of taxis passing in front. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It is a bit far from town, and tourist areas, but the accommodations override any inconvenience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Andy K
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Andy K,

Thank you for taking time to write this review. I am delighted to read of your pleasant accommodation experience appreciate your kind compliments.

All of us at WANGZ Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

On a world trip last year another hotel we stayed was Wangz , it was a small hotel but staff were very friendly good hotel shuttle into town , a five minute walk to the train station , the only thing negative I would say was not much going on in that area had to catch public transport or shuttle to get around ,
But I would recommend the hotel to people visiting Singapore , would have been nice to have a pool as well.

Room Tip: I don't know about the rest but we didn't have a brilliant view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NoeleenC1

Dear NoeleenC1,

Thank you for choosing to stay at WANGZ Hotel during your world trip last year. I am sure you had a great experience immersing in all the fantastic sights and cultures around the globe.

I am also very happy to know you had a pleasant stay and would strongly recommend a exploratory trip around the Tiong Bahru neighbourhood during your next visit as the area is known for its a distinctive array of cafés and shops.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our 5-day stay at Wangz was pure bliss. Our trip wasn't exactly for pleasure (as we had a critical medical consult at the nearby SGH), but everything about our stay at Wangz made our trip so pleasurable. It greatly helped ease all the anxiety we had.

The staff- the concierge, bell boy, chef, dining attendants, shuttle driver, housekeeping and the managers on duty, were all very warm, professional, polite, and insanely accommodating. They made sure every guest was very comfortable and satisfied to the hilt.

The rooms are quite spacious, well equipped and most importantly, very clean. You'll know from how the room smelled that they have high & meticulous standards when it comes to cleanliness. The bathroom was so delightful especially with the rain shower. The soft room lighting gave the room a relaxing feel. The piped in room music was a charming bonus.

The beds are very comfortable posture pedic beds. The pillows we had were lavishly soft but gave firm support (they have a pillow menu, btw). My daughter and I, no matter the anxiety we had, had the best sleep during our stay.

The buffet breakfast was something to look forward to. While the spread was modest, it was more than sufficient. The selection didn't overwhelm and I like it that way. We just loved their food! You'll have to stay here so you'll know what I'm saying. I'm sure you'll love it too.

Location wise, it is somewhere just off the downtown rim. It's a quiet location and is easily accessible via bus, taxi, and MRT. The hotel also has a shuttle which serviced several drop off points. It was surrounded by a lot of greenery which we found refreshing.

I've stayed in bigger hotels in Singapore but the comfort, hospitality and service we had at Wangz takes the cake! We will be back most definitely!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Mommy A,

We are truly delighted upon reading your review. I am glad the hotel provided a comfortable abode during this time of anxiety for your family and I trust the medical consultation went well.

Thank you for the generous compliments and we certainly hope for an opportunity to welcome you back again for a more relaxed trip in time to come.

Please take care in the meantime.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I learned about Wangz Hotel from this site and based on the reviews I just had to try it. When we arrived at the hotel the taxi dropped us off in front of the Outram road entrance. It was a bit weird coz the entrance was not very obvious (and it was already dark at that time) and there was a flight of stairs leading to the door (no ramp). At first we were like "uh-oh, what da heck are we doing here?". We got in the lobby/dining area/reception (the space was quite small) and proceeded to check in. The guy (OJ) at the front desk is very friendly and helpful. The moment we spoke to him we felt so much better! We got into our room and it was very cool and very modern! Not those grandiose rooms you find in big hotels; rather it was very practical and the space is pretty optimized. The bed is very comfy and the bathroom is also laid out nicely. Wifi is very fast!

Breakfast comes with the rate and the spread is not much but the food is good. The good thing here is they have the same menu everyday but their 2 main entrees change daily so you always have something different everyday. The breakfast crew (special mention to Norma) is very nice and always ready to assist you. (Auntie) Sylvia is most helpful and friendly and she finds the time to talk to all the guests to make them feel at home.

The area is quiet and is a short walk to the train station; and just one stop to Harbour front (Vivo City/Sentosa express). They also have complimentary shuttle to get you to specific places on specific times of the day.

I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again! I hope they will maintain this kind of service in the years to come.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear r3dqu33n,

Thank you for such a positive review. We are honoured that your family had a memorable vacation at our hotel recently.

I apologise for the less than satisfactory arrival experience as the designated taxi drop-off point should be at the basement carpark which allows guests direct access to the hotel lobby via a guest lift.

We are grateful for your compliments for OJ, Norma and Sylvia, and will definitely strive to maintain and even better our service delivery each passing day.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and the team at WANGZ Hotel look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had only 36 hours to spend in Singapore between long flights and wanted to have a comfortable home base close to the city's highlights. Wangz did not disappoint.

Located close to Chinatown it's a relatively quiet area about a 10 minute drive to the Marina Bay area. The contemporary style and quality decor was bright and comfortable (I had concerns that it would be chintzy but that was unfounded). Music piped into the room had a chill latino/jazz/crooner vibe, a nice touch. The curved building houses curved windows in the room which in our room at least looked out onto a canopy of trees filled with brightly coloured birds. Sufficient black out curtains. Bit of traffic noise but that's to be expected and we brought ear plugs. The large shower (no tub) was great and the bed was comfy. Breakfast is served in their lobby restaurant and it was good, the coffee was especially good.

The manager? was visiting guests during breakfast to check in with brochures and offer advice (not selling tours or anything, just being very helpful). We appreciated this very much, we normally don't bother to ask at the desk and instead just sort things out on our own. She gave us a few valuable tips specific to our planned activities.

A ten minute walk brings you to a large hawker centre on Smith Street in Chinatown. If you're looking for local it's a good experience. Tried Heng Ji's Chicken Rice (can't say I was blown away) and for just a few dollars you can pick up a wide range of asian cuisine and a few Tiger beers from any of the hundred or so stalls.

There's a metro station next to the hotel but time was limited so we cabbed everywhere including to the botanical gardens which are definitely worth a visit.

Visited the ambitious Marina Bay Sands complex and while there was lots going on in that area (shopping shopping shopping casino) it felt like leaving Bejing and going to Las Vegas - we preferred to be in the older neighbourhood on Outram.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orionblu

Dear orionblu,

Thank you for writing this review. We are delighted to have provided you with a comfortable stay in between your long flights.

Your compliments on the hotel's design, ambience, breakfast quality and selection, and the team’s service are also much appreciated.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back for more opportunities to explore the sights and attractions of this dynamic city.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Can't overstate my satisfaction with the Wangz Hotel. The lighting was subdued, the desk staff intelligent receptive and perceptive, the scented lobby, and the overall air of "this is Singapore, start understanding it right here." The room was large, the views from it beautiful. Good bed, good tv. And a generous mini bar. Whoever sees those words together. Like "free wifi" which there really is. The appurtenances above and beyond, for shower and bath. Even the in house New Age music, which you could leave or turn off in your room, was good, engulfing, and absolutely appropriate to this city. This hotel, in addition to caring that you were happy and well set up to tour the city, was all about a quiet self confidence and sophistication, like the city itself. Hotel location is excellent. While there's easy access to the subway system, itself a pleasure, once again, the staff outdoes itself in giving shuttle service to all key tourist sites.
Summing up: quiet New Age in the best way, great staff, and physically perfect for an introduction to this city. I'd come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JD D
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear JD D,

Thank you for choosing to stay with WANGZ Hotel. We are honoured and grateful for your beautifully written review and the many compliments you have for the hotel.

All of us look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights. This hotel is a bit of an odd duck to categorize. Some parts like a small boutique hotel, some parts like a mid-range hotel chain, some parts like a larger fancy hotel, a few parts like a budget hotel - a blend of some of the better parts of each. The guests were a mix of young couples, leisure travellers, and business.

I completely enjoyed my stay here. It is not sumptuous or overly luxurious, but I cannot think of anything I lacked during my 4 nights, and everything was adequate, pleasant, and mostly nicer than expected.

The parking is very difficult, but as I was transported by locals or taxi, I was unaffected. Might be difficult if you have a car. The lighting in the bathroom was fine for a man, but might not have been good for makeup applications. The only vanity lighting was directly overhead, leaving the face in shadow. Otherwise I cannot think of a thing to complain about.

The hotel looks like a giant beer keg, rounded, silvery metallic looking, and slightly barreled. This allows the rooms to have outside views with wide floor-to-ceiling windows, creating a bright and airy feeling. The rooms are not overly large, but they are spacious enough for easy moving about, not crowded feeling at all. Large bathrooms, and clever use of design to allow additional light into the room through a translucent wall from teh bathrooms windows.

The amenities are all more than adequate, and feel like they have been selected to be practical, with just a touch of luxury added. For instance, the lighting is mostly indirect, leaving a general bright feeling all over the room when on. The bathroom includes an overhead "rain" shower, definitely feelimg more upscale than necessary. The minibar is plain and sparslely filled, but has one or two of everything. There is an overhead wine glass rack with real stemmed glasses, thoughtfully both red and white wine glass styles, a nice touch. In-room tea & coffee service is plain but offers good tea (selection of Twinings Earl Grey and English breakfast and herbal and jasmine green) and a few powdered coffees. Desk is small but includes a wall-mounted lamp (conserves desktop space) and several wall-mounted electrical outlets, so teh usable space is adequate. Nice room sound system for background mood. Comfortable bed and nice duvet.

The front desk and maintenance staff were quick and courteous to respond to a problem (that turned out to be my misunderstaning, not a mechnical issue).

The dining area is a bit like a cafeteria, tables arranged in the open lobby, not a lot of atmosphere. However the nearly full glass walls facing a treed or landscaped exterior give a feeling of garden patio dining. The breakfast packs a lot of variety and quality into a small alcove and service desk. Excellent options for an included breakfast, a mix of fusion Asian and Western options, one of the best I have seen for its small size. I didn't eat dinner here so I can't comment on anything but the breakfast.

. Rooftop patio/bar above the 6th floor haas nice views, good service bar. Occasional private activities, but good happy hour. Nice casual relaxing place.

Overall to be impartial and factual, a fully adequate stay, but to be less concrete, it left the feeling that I got a lot more for my money. Very nice impression of service and comfort for the guests. Sadly I was rushed for business most days, and could not take full advantage of the hotel's offerings. If you were staying here under more leisurely circumstances you would certainly enjoy it

I would recommend the place for anyone who wanted a reasonably priced relaxing enjoyable hotel stay. For business traveleres if you have a little time to take advantage of it, do so. The traffic or location maybe not idfeal for driving, but on the other hand it is outside of downton, so off the worst traffic areas. I would definitely stay here again if I return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear ET_Bville,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We are pleased to know that you completely enjoyed your four nights at WANGZ Hotel.

Your compliments on the overall design, guestroom ambience and amenities, the team’s good service, our generous breakfast selection and Happy Hour promotion at Halo rooftop lounge are much appreciated. Additionally, the feedback on how we can improve the lighting in the bathroom is also well noted and will be looked into in time to come.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back on a more relaxed, and definitely well-deserved, leisure stay during your next visit.