1,504 results
All reviews tiong bahru market rooms are small minute walk bus stop food market outram park mrt food hall food court public transport rooftop pool room size hotel is located stayed here for nights short stay convenient location visiting singapore chinatown
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

Small but comfortable room. All needs catered for. Quiet room at the back of the building and a comfortable bed ensured a good sleep. Friendly and helpful at reception.
Tiong Bahru hawker market across the road. Chinatown a 10 minute walk away. I would stay again

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank lezlian
DELIANA L, Manager at Hotel Nostalgia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Madam/ Sir,
Thank you for taking your valuable time schedule to write us this objective and unbiased feedback about our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you have found Hotel Nostalgia is up to your expectation, particularly with the comfy room & bed, facilities & amenities and the staff associates.
On behalf of the management, staff & owner of Hotel Nostalgia, we sincerely appreciate your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you & your colleague in the next return visit to Singapore.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Look I am going to be honest here, the hotel room was terribly small! Thank God I only had one night there or I would have died of claustrophobia. There I have said it now let's move to the good parts.

The people, the people here is what makes the hotel so good. I was here for one night only we checked in on Friday and Saturday we left to catch our flight, on Saturday our flight was at 8pm and my mum was extremely unwell. I asked the hotel if we could checkout at 4pm.

The lady behind the counter told me that I will have to pay extra S$70 for late checkout and I was fine with it, but what won me was during breakfast the front desk staff came to tell me "I just spoke to my manager and we won't charge you for checking out at 4pm"

That act of compassion is what won me about this hotel, my mother was sick, she needed rest, they understood that and did not charge us for late checkout I honestly cannot thank the Manager and the Front Desk staff enough for their compassion and understanding.

It is these little things that one looks at. Considering this, I most certainly would not mind returning to Hotel Nostalgia, despite the small room :)

Dear Madam/ Sir,
Thank you for taking your valuable time schedule to write us this objective feedback about our hotel.
We are glad to hear that you are pleased with our staff associates during your stay with us. As for the particular room size, with an additional charge, guest could upgrade to a larger one upon availability.
On behalf of the management, staff & owner of Hotel Nostalgia, we sincerely appreciate your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you & your colleague in the next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

all good would stay again as bus stop right out side hotel.food hall 3 mins walk with a very wide variety to choose from .local shops and beauty salons got one of the beat foot massage ever .get yourself a bus card from the 7/eleven shop you pay $10 then you top up at any local shop .Singapore is a really smart place to visit.I stayed there over 45yrs ago and could not believe the change of the city.

Room tip: get one with balcony
Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DELIANA L, Manager at Hotel Nostalgia, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Madam/Sir,
We are glad to hear that you have found Hotel Nostalgia is up to your expectation, particularly with your recognition of our hotel's location & vicinity around.
We are located in the historical estate of Tiong Bahru, MRT are 10 minutes’ walk to both station & Bus stops are just few feet from our door. Authentic local eateries, cafes, pubs & bakeries are all around the neighborhood.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We really enjoyed our stay here for two nights. We would have liked to stay longer and definitely hope to come back in future. Very clean rooms and the staff were great. Very friendly and helped us with all we needed.

Dear Madam/Sir,
We are glad to hear that you are pleased with your stay with us, especially with our cleanliness over all and the staff associates.
We are located in the historical estate of Tiong Bahru, MRT & Bus stops are just within walking distance from the hotel and authentic local eateries, cafes, pubs & bakeries are all around the neighborhood.
On behalf of the staff, management & owner of Hotel Nostalgia, we sincerely appreciate your stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you & your colleague in the next return visit to Singapore.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

+ Very helpful and friendly staff
+ Pool on 3:th floor big enough for getting wet and some sun
+ clean room
+ safe box
- Really small room
- No much choice for breakfast when breakfast included. Only egg/sausage or cornflakes

Dear Madam/ Sir,
We are glad to hear that you are pleased with our staff associates and cleanliness of the room. Your impression of our FRIENDLY & HELPFUL staff are very well appreciated. As for the breakfast choices, American breakfast is to include juices, cereals, baked goods/ toast, eggs any style with bacon, sausage, potatoes and coffee/ tea.
We are located in the historical estate of Tiong Bahru, MRT & Bus stops are just within walking distance from the hotel and authentic local eateries, pubs, cafes & bakeries are all around the neighborhood. The pool is on the 3rd floor, the perfect spot to be after your hectic day.