“Hideous Experience”

TWG Tea at Republic Plaza
Ranked #1,715 of 10,518 Restaurants in Singapore
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: TWG Tea is the finest luxury tea brand in the world. Specializing in whole-leaf teas from source estates, TWG Tea offers the largest tea list in the world, over 800 different single-estate harvests and exclusive blends from every tea producing country.
Canggu, Indonesia
“Hideous Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have to admit the tea was fine. The service was just ok....until I chased out of the restaurant on my way out. The bill had been presented at my table. Came to about SGD 12.50 and I left SGD 15.00. As I am exiting the cafe i have staff running after me asking why I didn't pay the bill. Staff and clientele of TWG and customers of Takashimaya all staring at me. I told them I had left all the money on the table and they said they hadn't checked yet.....wouldn't you check? Really? I will N E V E R return. It was hideous.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LiveCanggu

• Korean first
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went for afternoon lunch at the Marina Bay Sands branch overlooking the "river". As it was my first time sitting in at the restaurant, needless to say i had high expectations of both service and food. After being seated for almost 10 mins, nobody came to take our order NOR serve us bread although we were starving, despite it not being busy. We had to desperately flag a waiter because all the staff were being unattentive. Then, after our orders were taken, i got served a tea that was NOT of my expectation. I even consulted the waiter of what i wanted, which was simple vanilla infused tea- i got served a floral tea which tasted like water. I had to wait another 10 mins to get the attention of another staff to get it changed. Horrible aptitude and lack of knowledge about the flagship product, plus might i add all the staff do not speak very good english, as they are either from phillipines or china!
The part i am most angry about is this. I went to the parlour to purchase their ice cream, and i was told by the staff that one customer was only allowed to try ONE flavour each. After i paid, i then asked again if i could try another one, and was still refused! I am a paying customer, and i have never experienced this kind of stupid policy at any ice cream places, let alone an upscale one. After walking off, i then noticed a bunch of staff at a corner taking a break and slacking off. It is no wonder why the service was so poor as all the FTs are busy taking breaks and not working! Will NOT go back again as there are restaurants who better deserve my money. Looks like cash can't even buy proper service nowadays.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank HannahFoong
“So many choices of Teas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went to the TWG in marina bay shoppes. I had the burger and she had a lasagne. Fine dining at its best. I sipped on the singapore English breakfast. It was so yummy. Never seen a tea shop quite like this before. We had a lovely time looking through the pages of all the teas they had available. After all the choices we had avaiable we finally picked one. Tea is served in there finest tea pots which you can also buy from the TWG store. If your anyone near a TWG, it is a must!!

Singapore
“A quiet place for lunch @ Raffles Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is not easy to find a quiet place for lunch at Raffles Place. TWG @ Republic Plaza is nice respite for the hustle & bustle, almost a lunch spa. You pay for it, of course. Hotel-like prices but definitely offers more privacy than hotels. They offer set lunches (comes with a tea) here or you can order from the a la carte menu. You'd pay about S$18 to S$25 range for a salad but it is good quality salad.

The food here is good quality cafe food and I love TWG. High quality tea on porcelain tea cup.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank MouMou
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I visited TWG at Marina Bay Sands (the one near LV) on Oct 28. Given that MBS is a tourist attraction, I will expect the service is to be good. However, it is a total opposite. The service is bad n all the staff face is black as charcoal like someone owe them millions of dollars. If there is 0 or negative rating I will definitely give them that. I will never ever go bk there anymore even the food is gd.