We have been staying here since the end of May 2009 and will be here until November. My husband is working at Jurong shipyards and our son (aged 27, a student) and I accompanied him. The company block-booked 8 apartments, 2 3 bedroom and the remaining 2 bedroom. Each apartment has two bathrooms. There is a kitchen, and lounge dining room also. The apartments are in various degrees of refurbishment - ours has nice wooden floors, but the kitchen is way past its best. There was no hot water to the kitchen when we arrived, the fridge/freezer was not working properly, all the air conditioners leaked and we ran out of gas to the hotplates. On the plus side, maintenance were quick to attend to the problems and with a cheerful and helpful attitude. The management office staff are also friendly and efficient. The apartment is well placed, literally around the corner from bustling Orchard Road, at the back of funky Far East Plaza with its 5 floors of fashion and food. We are five minutes from Orchard MRT and there is a bus stop right outside the front of the Plaza. We have StarHub satellite TV and for a very small extra fee ($25 a month) were able to add about a dozen extra channels. I wouldn't recommend staying here overnight, but for a week at least, and even longer, it's ideally situated to explore Singapore, especially if you just want to shop on Orchard Road or explore the individual cheap and cheerful shops in Far EAst Plaza.
Property: Far East Plaza Residences by Far East HospitalityAddress: 14 Scotts Road Far East Plaza, Singapore 228213, Singapore
Location: Singapore > Singapore
Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #13 of 231 Specialty Lodging in Singapore
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Far East Plaza Residences by Far East Hospitality 3.5*
Number of rooms: 139
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying at Far East Plaza Residences provides guests with a whole new experience. The Residence is integrated with the popular Far East Plaza Shopping Centre, which has a wide variety of retail outlets and broad selection of local as well as international cuisines. For more shopping, dining and entertainment options, Orchard Road, Singapore's main shopping belt is a short stroll away with some of the newest malls. If you would like to venture further, the nearby Orchard MRT station provides easy access to the rest of Singapore. Guests have a choice of 139 apartments ranging from two-bedroom units to spacious penthouses, which provide you with a home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Far East Plaza Residences by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far East Plaza Serviced Apartments Hotel Singapore
- Far East Plaza Residences By Far East Hospitality Singapore