Having a pair of twins meant it was really tough to travel our usual jet-setting holiday - now with our helper and two babies. With that, we had to settle for a quick weekend getaway staycation but mind you, after getting and viewing our room, we certainly did not have to 'settle'.
A hidden gem nestled in the north of Singapore, the big pluses you get here are big rooms - both bedroom and the bathroom! We booked the last available twin double but were given 1 double king bed. Nice! We made arrangements for a baby cot via email and it was well prepared in the room when we checked in! Bathroom wise - you get BOTH bathtub and shower area and still lots of ample space! So what if it is a country club? Toiletries were also amply provided for just like you would have in a nice hotel - toothbrush/paste /shower cap/ shampoo / conditioner / bath soap. Would be nice if they had body lotion here though. Aircon temperature could be controlled within your room so that was a good plus too.
View wise, we faced the lovely golf course of which you could also view the reservoir of water ... and of course you could also sit outside your balcony to enjoy this view.
Having three swimming pools meant that it wasn't overcrowded though it was the Good Friday long weekend and my babies enjoyed both pools very much. The pool was not overly cold and swimming towels were provided aplenty.
Reasonable priced food at the Vanda terrace or Subway, spending leisure time at their bowling alley and walking around to stock up our fridge with some drinks and chips from the supermarket located right there also meant we did not even have to drive out at all to get anything. That's an all-in-one resort feel meant to let you just relax right there ain't it?
If i really had to pick one thing negative to say -- i wished they could do something about these little flies that somehow either 'appear' or came from the sewage/shower drain ... because the weather was rainy, we had these irritating flies in the bathroom. Eek.
However overall, this is a great family-friendly place that we wouldn't mind to go back to every once in a while. Great value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A scenic sanctuary facing the panoramic Aranda Course and Seletar Reservoir, the 75-room Orchid Lodge is Orchid Country Club’s very own resort hotel. Elegant interiors, modern design, and comfortable amenities all cater to a much needed getaway for guests in need of total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Orchid Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Country Club Hotel Singapore
- Orchid Country Club Singapore