“Wish we'd discovered MacRitchie sooner!”

MacRitchie Reservoir
Ranked #28 of 826 things to do in Singapore
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Only a $10 taxi ride from Robertson quay, MacRitchie seems a world away from the usual hustle and bustle of Singapore city! We walked to the HSBC treetop walk then back around the reservoir, all in all was about an 11km walk ounce the tree top walk was included. The paths are really well signed and the walking trail is well maintained. We saw many monkeys along the way, maybe 3-4 different kinds, we saw huge lizards (looked like goannas but not sure what they were) and turtles in the park at the end. The walk itself is very easy going, but be sure to bring plenty of water as it was very very hot and humid (as could be expected). The views from the tree tops walk should not be missed....though maybe not for those with a fear of heights!

There are newer reviews for MacRitchie Reservoir

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Good =)
~Cheap activities...some even for free!
~Encouraging to see crowds of people exercising,
at anytime & at anywhere!

The Bad =(
~Crowded during weekends.
~Limited parking during weekends.

My Tip for future visits:
~If you want to enjoy aircon-quality temperatures,
visit from 5 to 6.30am, before the sun rises.

1  Thank singlish_sg
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went for a long walk and tree top walk is very good. Had a bit of trouble with my shoes. Please wear comfortable shoes since the track is mud one and full of rocks. Strictly stick to the track , do not go into the jungle since chances are there you may get lost. On the whole had a good exercise and good breath. My eyes enjoyed the serenity.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I visited the reservoir when I was in singapore. It is a very quiet place and would be an interesting place for nature enthusiasts.
I walked all the 13-14km stretch of the reservoir. I saw a.lot of butterflies and monotor lizards roaming freely. It was like me and nature interacting with the cicadas background score.

The much hyped tree walk isnt that great but the walk was worth it. Carry enough water as you will not find any provisions to refill.

Happy walking...

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice place for a quit walk and a stroll on a late afternoon. The place is clean and quiet and has shady spots and nice walk ways. Worth a visit.