“Good for a quiet walk”

MacRitchie Reservoir
Ranked #27 of 839 things to do in Singapore
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice place for a quit walk and a stroll on a late afternoon. The place is clean and quiet and has shady spots and nice walk ways. Worth a visit.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Excellent place to go to for exercise, jogging, photography, picnic, etc. My granchildren from Hong Kong enjoyed the open space by running all over. The grown-ups just sit there to enjoy the breeze over conversations. It is one of the most peaceful and safe places to be there. My teen-age grandson uses the reservoir to practice rowing for his junior college rowing team. My favourite meeting point with my photography friends, using models for portraiture. One of the attractions is to photograph flowers and insects in the forest. One other attractions is for the seniors to play games of chess under the shady trees and having a nap after a heavy meal.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you are a nature lover or want to exercise jogging I recommend this place. Although I am not like this place because I prefer shopping but I admit that the scenery here was very beautiful, the air was very fresh and cool.

One thing I really remember is when I paid for a bus to go back to the nearest MRT station, at that time I paid the money of 20 dollar Singapore but bus driver did not want to accept it, and I did not have a little money at all and I just know that to pay buses in Singapore must be the exact fare, but fortunately a chinese guy who sat in the front seat paid $ 1 for me. Although only $ 1 but I was very impressed and appreciative. Thanks to the people of Singapore.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Amazing day. Did a 12.5km hike. Went up the canopy bridge and the tower. I did twist my ankle so please wear suitable shoes but so worth it. Bring lots of water, sunblock and of course the camera. And ensure you are aware of monkeys and respect how they should be treat in the park. Ensure you know what to do if they approach you and don't take plastic bags- they like them!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

green open spaces with a blue body of clear water is itself a treat in the centre of any bustling city.
beautiful place,enough carparking facilities,gadgets for sports and fitness enthusiasts.nature trails,tree top walks and a good cafe are the highlights of this place.
clean and tidy place as the city is proud to be.spend a leisure evening.dont look at your wrist watch.just surrender to mother Nature.best de stressing place.haven for budding artistes and poets.the calm,serene area may prod them to write better.