“Strange Experience @ a Usually Good Restaurant”
Review of Yummy Viet

Yummy Viet
Ranked #1,294 of 10,934 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Seattle
“Strange Experience @ a Usually Good Restaurant”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

When we were here in 2008 we ate several times at Yummy Viet and were very happy with the place. So, back in Singapore in 2012, we returned. I had the crab soup and it was as good as ever. Elizabeth was very pleased with her beef pho and her iced Vietnamese coffee. But then there was the rest of my order, to wit: a sardine baguette. It didn't come and didn't come. We asked and they kept saying it was coming. We asked again, same thing. But no baguette arrived. I finished my soup, Elizabeth finished her pho. The table was cleared. Still no baguette. Finally, I gave up and went up to the counter to cancel the baguette order and pay. They canceled the order, but didn't apologize or explain. I really don't know what to make of this. Not enough to make me knock down their rating, but enough to make me wonder if they're slipping, or have had a change of management. I don't get it.

• Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
“Pomelo Salad and Lotus Root Salad”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Tuck in a little shop along the Chinatown food street, you can get a bowl of very delicious pho just like what you get in Vietnam or anywhere else with a huge vietnamese community.
But the salad, OMG it is really good. I started with the Pomelo Salad and the pomelo is so sweet and crunchy. Can't help but to try the lotus salad which is even better. The damage, about SGD$8 for the salad and under SGD $7 for the beef Pho. Value for money considering it is in an aircon restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
“Awesome authentic Vietnamese!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This food is totally amazing, fresh herbs, absolutely best spring rolls and cold rolls we have ever tasted! Everything on the menu is extremely tasty and we highly recommend the trip.... and did I mention fantastic value!! Sooooo yummy.

Singapore, Singapore
“Best Vietnamese in Singapore”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The only authentic, no frills real Vietnamese restaurant in Singapore.
Decent prices, delicious flavors, crappy service. Almost nobody speaks English. Just like in Vietname!
I love everything on the menu.

1 Thank GKSG1