Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Fully refundable before Wed, Apr 24
$97
Fully refundable before Thu, Apr 25
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is not near the MRT station but you can choose to take no.145, 130, 131 bus, and it's near the Wang Pao food market.

Air condition was central controlled and the staff forgot to turn it on when I arrived.

Many ants walked on the table and some dirt was found on the washroom door.

Overall the staffs were nice and helpful. The room and equipment are new.

I booked the superior room for around HK$630 per night on Zuji, so I think it's a good choice comparing with other budget hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had changed hotels after previous nights sleep, which was awful. The staff here were welcoming and accommodating, also a change from the previous hotel. Bed was comfortable, air conditioning good, so for around the same price as the previous night this would rate four stars to none. Buses outside to Novena MRT, where quick undergound takes you downtown no problem at all. Local street food also good, particularly the shop directly on the left going out the lobby doors. Every time I walked by I felt like buying something, so in the end I did.

Date of stay: August 2012
3  Thank patrick d
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I only stayed here for one night on a layover and was very surprised at the quality I got for the price I paid. Normally when you pay less than 100SGD a night, you're gonna have a bad time, but the staff were excellent despite my super-late check-in. They even threw in free wi-fi because "nobody checks in this late without having a bad day".

The room was immaculate and very well furnished - the bed was ultra comfortable, and the TV was well-tuned. Air conditioning worked and the bathroom, although small, was cleaned top to bottom with very close attention to detail.

I travel to Singapore at least once every 18 months, so I will definitely be staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Ben A
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for a week. The Value Hotel Nice is about a half an hour walk to the nearest train station, although you are able to take a bus, my partner and I walked to the station on all but once occasion. There is a bus stop not far from the hotel which takes you into town. There are also some nice restaurants around in the street and the nearest supermarket we found was about a 10-15 minute walk away, this area also had a dry cleaners. There is a convenience store located right next to the hotel.
The front desk staff are extremely polite and helpful. They were always asking us if we needed assistance even if we were just walking through. The room was larger than we had anticipated, we expected the typical shoebox sized rooms you typically get in Asian countries, this however was fairly decent sized. Not huge, but in comparison to what we have been through in our budget hotels it was large. There was a TV and air conditioning. There is no mini fridge in the rooms, so if you plan on wanting to keep things in a fridge, no can do.
My partner got ill about 2 days in so it was handy that there was a pharmacy within walking distance.

All and all it was fine.

Date of stay: July 2011
7  Thank Spiffle
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I found this hotel via Tripadvisor or Agoda after browsing numerous weeks for the best value deal there was in Singapore. See, I am on a budget but I do not want to share my room with backpackers or sleep in a dorm. Thankfully, I managed to find this Value Hotel Nice on Balestier, which was a godsend.

The room was located on the second floor and did not have a window, being the cheapest room available. It had a double bed, a TV with only selected channels (2 sports channel, a movie channel, and a new channel), a phone, a bathroom, coffee making machine, hairdryer, toiletries and towels. Most important thing for me is privacy and I ran around Macritchie Reservoir Park for about 2.5 hours and had no mood to share a bathroom. Was extremely happy I booked the place that I booked.

The food at Whampoa Food centre nearby was only so-so for me. The food seemed a little bland for me - that's the only downside of staying here. It is open fror Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. There was a 'zhang' rice dumping shop that opens 24 hours downstairs of the hotel, and it had a few 7-Eleven nearby. I also spotted a Mcdonalds about 500m away. There is no restaurant attached to the hotel itself.

Wifi was free with any online booking.

In summary I will most definitely stay here again simply because I cannot find a better deal for a private room than Value Hotel Nice.

I had problems getting here via public transport so I've put down some details of directions here: http://funtimesonearth.blogspot.com/2012/06/singapore-value-hotel-nice.html

Date of stay: May 2012