“Unfriendly Staffs”

Ranked #192 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Surabaya
“Unfriendly Staffs”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I don't know what to say about this hotel unless the staffs was very unhelpful and unfriendly. on the second day when I want to get into the room, the door card was error and i must go down to check what's happen although i'm so tired but the receptionist helped me with a lazy face and has no intention. the room itself was very small and not too clean. no breakfast. hotel's location is rather far from MRT station but there is bus lane. Unrecommended hotel!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Vera V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This value hotel can be better if the management look into the overall of the hotel.Nice design but small. Customer service at the lobby need to be improved. Housekeeping need to recheck when handing over the room to next guest.Ensure that nothing is left behind. I hope to see improvement when the next time i visit the hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with windows to see city views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Bucharest
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for 5 days, in August.

Location: rather far from the city center, a 10-15 minutes taxi trip. Not many breakfast possibilities around it, except for Asian food.
Rooms; really, really small and the bathroom even smaller; however, clean and comfortable
Really noisy housekeepers each morning.

However, a convenient choice from the financial point of view if you compare it to other hotels in Singapore.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank iubitu
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 13, 2012

i haven't written any review before. But i think i have to write something here.

The story began with hotel booking. In the beginning, i intended to book V hotel there as that is new built but when I got to there, they told me it is Value Hotel! How come the booking info is so confused!

Okay fine, then i went to Value Hotel, the first impression was alright but small! The bathroom size is the smallest that i have even seen. But, okay fine, i just need a sleep there but i though i could tolerate it. Then, i went to have bathing, and when i opened the bathroom door, a cockroach fell from the top of the door! Luckily, it was fallen onto my head!

The next day when i backed to hotel, no room cleaning service! and i found 2 cockroaches crawling on the wall! I was angered and asked for changing room. They told me the hotel was fully booked. But later, when i asked for changing to other value hotel, they immediately provided another room to me! Too bad. The other room had 4 cockroaches in the bedroom and 1 big one in bathroom.....

This is the worst hotel i have ever had in my overseas trip life!

Room Tip: Not recommended!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank jeffrey c
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

DO NOT BOOK IF YOU HAVE TWO CHILDREN

I booked this hotel through a comparison site and there appears to be a mistake in which it allows you to book a room for four people when their maximum occupancy is 3.

This came to light when on the morning of arrival I called the hotel directly to advise them my flight may mean I would be checking in after midnight so wanted to advise them I still required the room as per their policy. I also advised them to note I had two children so would like the sofa bed made up ready as we we would be late I knew the children would be tired.

At this point the hotel advised me that the Comfort Plus only consisted of a Queen sized bed and a single sofa bed and therefore this room could not accommodate my booking. They advised me then for SGD 30 I could upgrade to a Triple Room. Initially I agreed but then called booking site to intervene as I did not feel it was right to pay more to satisfy the booking I had made.

The booking site were very good and made a 3 way call with the hotel and got the duty manager and he confirmed that the room I had would ensure my family would be comfortable.

On arrival to the hotel they had already upgraded me and pursued me for SGD 30 which I declined on the basis that this was an old instruction and I felt the manager had approved this change. After some discussion they agreed and we showed ourselves to our room only to find it consisted of only Queen size bed and a single bed. Enough for 3 people.

On returning to the reception desk to ask why I only had three beds I was told this was the biggest room they had. At this point I the night manager took over the conversation and from there I found I was very badly treated. He smugly showed me their website and insinuated that I was to blame for making such an obvious error. He then asked me to recount all of the hotels where a sofa bed meant it slept two people. I questioned that in a room with a double bed why seating for only one was provided and he stated there was a wooden ledge by the window people could sit on. So the conversation went on in a rude and inflammatory manner with no offer of solution.

I was given conflicting stories of how it was my mistake as I should book through them directly and not other sites, also as they were a low budget hotel they allow families to exceed their maximum capacity.

I returned to the room. Pushed the beds together to find room for my family and had an uncomfortable night. The night manager still found reason to call me 30 minutes later in my room while my kids were sleeping to offer me a refund if I was to walk around the local area and I could find a better solution. I remind you that by now it is 0030 and I believe this absurd request was a perverse further attempt to somehow goad / belittle my situation.

I have since written to the hotel to ask for an explanation / apology but have had no reply. I understand mistakes / misunderstandings happen but failing to address these in my mind is totally unacceptable hence my low rating and advice to stay away.

Outside of my situation and to be fair it is a clean hotel and a short taxi ride to / from the airport. The corridors are all tiled and as a result can be very noisy. The hotel cleaner had a mobile phone that went off in the morning which she answered in the corridors hence waking us all up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank MattLeRoss
Constanta
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I arrived with my friends on 27th of August and we stay 4 nights. Room was very very small and the bathroom was even smaller (no place for shower). And if you'll take a shower you will flood all the room. But the room was very clean and comfortable.
If you ask the housekeeper to clean up he will come, if no, he will not.
No breakfat bought from the hotel, in first morning I gave $10 per person and was not ok.
In last day hotel staff help me a lot printing my boarding passes.
You may choose this hotel if you care about a good report between quality of accomodation and price. Overall we were satissfied.

Room Tip: Select only superior one with window!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The service was good, location is decent - close to bus stops and only a few stops from MRT station.

The room was quite small but for the price its not really something to complain about.

The main problem with this place was the cleanliness... The bathroom floor was all greasy and slippery. There was a small colony of ants living around the shower drain and we found one like baby cockroach in the bathroom. There were several large cockroaches roaming around outside as well meaning the problem could be worse in other rooms.

At the very least the beds and sheets were clean enough to comfortably sleep.

1 Thank Alex M