“Consistently Good”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Love the food. Try the salmon tikka and Mysore mutton. Out of this world. The fish cutlet is a great starter. For veggies the aloo gobi was very nice. For dessert the mango kulfi is yummy. Perfect way to end the meal.

1  Thank Flyn1170

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the second time the chef refuses to listen to the customer! This is the second time the fish curry/briyani has arrived all hard, leathery and glued together! The manager, herself has apologized for this before stating that the fish was not defrosted properly. When I mentioned this reason, I was told to place the order many hours before so they have time to cook it properly! Unbelievable! If the manager reads this, call me! I have emailed a complaint to the restaurant's email as well as Gourmet To Go delivery team. I am attaching a picture of the inedible fish Briyani.

As a regular customer for the past 2 years, I will no longer be spending my money with this establishment!

3  Thank Sgli
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I cannot forget this spicy eggplant dish we ordered. It was very good, and very spicy. Overall the dishes we ordered were nice and we were satisfied.

What I liked:
1. Food - good selection of Indian food. I love Indian food.
2. Place - sometimes it's nice to be in those small quaint places. This is one of those - it feels like a home restaurant and the owner was involved in the serving and the business and we like these types of places.
3. Service - service was not so bad, sometimes you will see the owner is the one serving you too.
4. Accessibility - if you don't drive / don't have a car this place is very accessible as it is just in front of the bus stop: Siglap Sth CC (Stop ID: 93099).

What I didn't like so much:
1. Price - I've already accepted that in Singapore its very difficult to find anything "cheap" and good so although I like the food here, it's not something we can eat everyday because it's a bit on the middle-upper level in price

Note:
You need to make reservations as they don't have a big place and this restaurant is quite popular with the locals. Call this number: +65 68760570

Reviewed December 16, 2011

We were regulars at this restaurant until I had to stop going there because of the chef's resistance to cook food with less oil. The food tastes really good, especially the biriyani and butter panner masala. however, we kept telling the chef that they should reduce the amount of oil in biriyani and other food and they just won't listen, so we stopped. the ambience is pretty nice, although a bit underwhelming. Ikea dining tables and a black, unfinished ceiling actually do blend in the decor. During holidays it's really crowded, so better make reservations.

Reviewed July 19, 2011

Great food, helpful staff, good local dining experience. Mysore mutton is a must.

1  Thank DuffnGuff