“Only if you need to tick boxes”

Raffles Hotel Arcade
$117.72*
Private Tour: Singapore by Night Tour with Dinner
Ranked #44 of 846 things to do in Singapore
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were told it was a 'must do' tthing to have a Singapore Sling in Raffles. It is a rip off - almost £35 for two drinks and a few peanuts. When we visited in February the museum .had a notice saying closed from mid January. The building is well preserved and the bar does not open until 11am.

2  Thank djpend
Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

you have to have a singapore sling and eat monkey nuts where the english put their stamp on things. very busy place but a must to do. museum was shut but still nice to walk around.

1  Thank Oldwolf1971
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This bar is a must if you visit Singapore, we have done the Singapore Slings many times and they are expensive, but worth it, but lately we have taken to drinking the jugs of beer, with limitless (or so it seems) groundnuts. You are given permission to chuck the shells anywhere you like on the floor, or in my handbag as my husband took great delight in doing!
It is not in the original place just into the left hand side of the main hotel entrance as it once was but now accessible from the street.
Everything it seems in the decor is geared to the old days and they even have cute little electric ceiling fans which look like the old hand fans!
AND they let me charge my iPhone behind the bar and take away a couple of Raffles beer mats for my mate!
The only downside really is the expense, which is why I did not give it a top rating.
Smoking is still allowed outside on a netted up beer verandah. There is also a VIP lounge upstairs inside the bar, I have no idea what it is like as I was not invited there, reckon maybe it is for hotel guests only!
If you are a first time visitor to Singapore, I think it is a must!

1  Thank Lesley20112011
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Well you do go here for the touristy Singapore Sling. Which we did. The original is ok, but we did enjoy the Autumn and Tropical slings A LOT! (And they come in bigger glasses ;) ) Everyone knows it is expensive, but once in a while in order to complete your bucketlist you have to cough up. Spent a good few hours.

1  Thank Surina25
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Some really lovely shops here in a beautiful historic building. Has a relaxed colonial charm to it and you can always add the singapore sling experience in the Raffles Bar.

1  Thank Springapore