“Dreadful - massive rip off - avoid!!!!”

Haven Lobster & Seafood
Ranked #8,294 of 11,201 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: on water edge Boat Quay
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Simple. Believe the other reviews. Awful, overpriced, upsold. Just avoid it like the plague. Sure there are things you could check like 'market price' but really. On reflection - no locals there whereas places round the corner full. We asked for a plate of satays at 25 dollars and they said you may as well have the mixed appertisers. It cost 75 dollars. The starters looked like they had been slid out of a cash and carry box. Dreadful! Thought I was smarter than this.

1  Thank clifft0p

Reviewed January 6, 2014

What a total rip off and thankfully our first and only one in Singapore. This restaurant had a salesman out the front touting for business whoose tactics bordered on aggression. Food was not even edible. Salt &pepper prawns coated and deep fried over the top of the shell, some not even cooked properly. Deer meat advertised was definitely not - unsure what it was. We were charged for more than the advertised price via a number of hidden extras added on to the final bill - eg napkins to wipe your hands $1, service charge for normal Monday night trading 6.90, GST 7./. Funny how there was no one else in the restaurant. Have had better food off the street hawkers in Bangkok. Better to go elsewhere or go without. Rating -1.

3  Thank Foodey1981
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My advice is simple: don't eat there!!! The reason is simple: we took a lobster as starter ( a lobster with some spring roll), then two medium black pepper crab, one rice, one bear and a bottle of water for only 450 S$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Dadalesuedois
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Dined and drank here on a number of accaisions and cannot agree with all the rip off comments, Filipina waitresses very friendly helpful and attentive. by carefully checking prices before ordering and not over ordering which a lot of people seemed to be doing you can have a good meal at a reasonable price. Most we paid was Sgd 100 for two icluding 2 jugs of Tiger. Food was always good and we always left full.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Reading the previous reviews, I am surprised. The staff was good (I forgot my phone on the table, they ran after me) and nice, the food was average (I ate one of the cheapest food). From 11.00-13.00 there is a "happy hour" for beer. The price was increased by the VAT, but I got to use it. According to my experience, they write the net prices to the menu.