“Oh well... Avoid this place if possible”

Haven Lobster & Seafood
Ranked #8,511 of 11,496 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: on water edge Boat Quay
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Any restaurant that needs their waiters to drag-in people from the street should be suspicious. I tried a simple sea food fried rice and I must say it wasn't very tasty. If you want better quality seafood just walk up the river another 100 meters to Jumbo seafood.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Prices are incredible high; most dishes are announced with "market price" in the menue. Then you are shocked by 90 S$ for a grilled fish and 10 S$ for a small bowl of fried rice !! They are chaeting tourists like hell ! The photo shows the mentioned "VIP menue" ..

Reviewed May 4, 2013

So, i will begin by saying that i feel somewhat extorted. So much that i have decided to take my anger out on the internet. Ha ha

I was lured here by a gentleman who was loitering near my hotel, no doubt on commission. Ex RAF he said. Not quite sure about that one.

I decided to have the chilli crab and was given an option of small, medium or large. I decided to try the goldilocks option and went for the medium - with a side of egg fried rice; the waitress' recommendation.

The reasonably friendly waiter brought the usual crab destruction utensils to the table and shortly thereafter, the crab arrived.

What can only be described as a desecration. The sauce all over the crab was incredibly oily, so much so that the USA would invade the plate if given a chance.

The crab meat was cooked well but this sauce just drowned out any flavour that might have been there.

After getting through most of the crab and oily goop, i asked for the bill.

This was the worst part. I feel like i have been robbed but didn't get the bashing that would normally accompany it.

$151.23 for crab, Chinese tea, fried rice and tissue. Please see attached receipt.

I would definitely advise against even going near this restaurant.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a good experience here. We originally went to Clarke Quay on the recommendation of our hotel, but found it rather touristy, so walked here. The tanks of fish, crabs etc looked inviting although we did not choose these - fortunately judging by other reviews. We had four 'small' BBQ prawns, which were actually huge, and tasted fantastic, so I'm not sure what size the king prawns would be! These were not cheap, but were worth it, and the menu price was what we were charged. The deep-fried soft shell crab was the best I've eaten. We also had chicken cooked in a clay pot which was rich with a deep spicy taste. On the downside, the wine we had was very ordinary and service was a bit haphazard, with our order for a top-up portion of rice delivered after we'd finished eating! Also, like other reviewers, I felt that being charged for the towelettes was inappropriate. Nevertheless, the food was very good. We got chatting to some other diners who had chilli crab and said it was superb too!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Tourist trap, I have not previously looked at Trapadvisor before I joined! This we have never experienced in Asia! On Billboard (trap) Happy Hour Beer was wrote SGD 4.50. On the bill was SGD 8th The explanation Tiger beer is more expensive. I do not have ordered Tiger beer, just beer, Happy Houer Beer. The waitress's cheating but here easy. Shrimp, SGD 40 for 8 pieces! The waitress has claimed it was the medium size, butshe have not asked what size. But 8 Pieces for Medium?!? The total bill for 2 people was SGD 238! A cheek! We were 2x to eat at this place next to it with all the extras. In a Chinese SGD 150, great, for an Indian SGD 177, expensive, but also very good. Last of all, we went to an Irish pub and ate on our hunger yet simple fish and chips for SGD 16 and were then filled. Same place, same river view, nicer service.