Tripadvisor
Singapore

“Chill Time Out, Perfect Place to Catch Up With Friends”
Review of Sideways

Sideways
Order Online
Ranked #1,164 of 15,399 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Sideways is a wood-fired restaurant, bakery and bar. Situated in an old shophouse in Little India whose flair has been preserved entirely, Sideways dishes out creative, modern small plates that will fill you with flavour. It's probably some of the best sourdough you can find in Singapore, since we're one of the only ones baking bread in a firebrick oven.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I frequent Sideways with friends, because I'm around the neighborhood fairly often. Giulia is always accomodating, and the team remember my preferences over time which makes the space easy to come back to. Not to forget how amazing the service is, because of their friendliness.

I've had a good time here, taking space to unwind and catch up over good food with friends.

Thanks Giulia & team for making this a great space to keep coming back to!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (43)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I work around here and have gone to so many different cafes, eateries, restaurants and bars in the neighbourbood. And Sideways will always be the go-to for my friends and I - the staff here is friendly and they serve amazing food (Stairway to Heaven's a must try!!!).

They are chill about whipping up something to meet our dietary requirements too. Vegan but friends are not? Just give them a wink.

The vibe's so good the other customers here are cool and friendly too, often we end up meeting new people and trading stories of our adventures.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020

After our last visit to Sideways my husband and I were keen to return, to try some of the other dishes on their menus since the ones we had on our first visit were so delicious. I was reminded of this when I received a promotional email back in December about their festive specials, and noticed a pumpkin gnocchi with bacon and cheese on the menu. Since it was only available for group bookings and as an occasional special I emailed them to see if it would be available when we visited, and Giulia, the lovely owner who was so helpful last time we dined, kindly offered to make a note on my reservation and prepare this dish for me. I was so impressed with her thoughtfulness, it was such a kind gesture. And to take it even further she then emailed me the day of our reservation to let me know the special for dinner that night!

We ended up having the gnocchi, which was indulgent and delicious, as well as the special, a perfectly cooked and meltingly tender beef short rib that was absolutely divine. The appetisers were excellent as well, we had the roasted pork belly which was soft and juicy, and the lamb croquettes, which were full of flavour. And their sourdough, which is perfection! Giulia even made a point of coming by the table to say hi and chat a bit about the food, which we really appreciated. Our server during the evening was also excellent, so warm and friendly, and very attentive. This is a place that certainly makes customer service and happiness a priority, and has the food to match!

Overall yet another fantastic experience, and their brunch menu and pizza night are next on my list for a return visit!

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Came here with a bunch of my female friends and everyone here was amazingly friendly and nice, took care of service very well. I’m a coffee fanatic myself and they have real cuppas roasted in-house & calibrated with love (Espresso based, no filter yet). We each had the brunch, especially loved the Spanish baked eggs (looks good taste even better) plus a classic Turkish smashed avo. Must try is the Sicilian surprise, Super savoury I loved it. Came by many times after for a hearty lunch and good drinks at night with a chill playlist. Overall, my favourite place and I heard they’re pretty packed at night so do make a reservation to be safe!

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Came to Sideways a couple of times. Never disappointed. Awesome food, dessert, coffee and drinks. They menu caters to almost everyone. Love their vegetarian options.

One thing I absolutely love is their selection of wines and it's quality.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating as well. Keep up the good work. Will be back soon.

Date of visit: November 2019