“Original Pizza - definitely worth the try”
Review of Skinny Pizza

Skinny Pizza
Ranked #3,464 of 11,761 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visited it for the first time at new wing of Plaza Singapura. The pizza comes in a cripsy crust somewhat similar to indian naan. This allowed us to easily finished up the English Breakfast pizza, which came in 12" size.

We also tried the fish and chips, fresh fish and really crispy. The Oglio pasta was served at right al dente texture, lots of garlic and fresh clams, although a bit oily. We also tried the Truffle fries, which was unique. The half meter pork sausage disappeared in a flash, so do order a meter if you have 4 persons or more.

if you are looking to fill yourself up on a hearty meal of pizza, this may not be the place. I would sum it up as unqiue crust, interesting toppings offered and light but satisfying meal nonetheless.

Worth a Try! Enjoy....

1  Thank csh68

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Tried the English Breakfast pizza at Skinny Pizza this past week. While it was ok, it was in my opinion not great. The idea of super thin crust did not do the pizza any favors, for the most part the tomatoes, large chunks, were too juicy and made the very thin crust very limp, not crusty at all. The toppings of sunnyside up egg, bacon and whole herbs was interesting an fit the name. The overall taste was ok but I would not recommend this pizza. On the plus, my girlfriend ordered the mushroom risotto and it was one of the best tasting risotto's I have tried. Lots of variety on pizza types so give it a try. Service was a bit slow but they were busy which is maybe a plus.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We found this place near our hotel (Wheelock location) by seeing a student holding a take out container in Starbucks. They have great diner type atmosphere and delicious pizzas and salads. It was a great quick meal before a movie. For travelers, it's hidden upstairs in the mall with the Marks & Spencer in the basement.

1  Thank Allie S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a lively restaurant for casual dining. The food is beautifully flavoured but although the pizzas look large and taste great they are not very filling so order plenty unless you are dieting. The base is basically Filofax pastry and very unsubstantial but the toppings are excellent. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I went to the Skinny Pizza outlet at Raffles City yesterday. I'd seen the name about town quite a bit and my partner and I thought we'd give it a go. We ordered the salami and pesto pizza to share. I believe it was about 22 SGD, so not exactly a give away!

When it finally arrived it literally crumbled into nothing. The toppings were relatively tasty but the pizza was so unsubstantial and disappointing. I might be well and truly missing the point behind the concept but in the same way that tapas in Singapore is an outrageous rip-off, I thought the same here. Maybe somebody can shine the gastronomic light on me but what is the idea behind skinny pizza? Half the beauty of pizza is the base cooked in a wooden pizza oven to perfection. At SP they've destroyed the very essence of what pizza is all about and given us what they think is a trendy, clever adaptation for waif like anorexic individuals who like to throw money away. I refused to buy another one but was so hungry I had to order the pepper and tomato soup which came in a small bowl and tasted like Campbells! Just to top it all (no pun intended) the staff were all pretty hopeless and seemed to prefer to huddle around the serving hatch than actually getting out there and serving their customers. My partner had to remind the waiter 3 times about a simple glass of water.

So what is it with restaurants these days? Why are there so many that leave you hungry with a an unsavory dent in your wallet? Don't get me wrong, I don't always write critical reviews. 'In Italy' on Craig Road remains a regular favorite of mine. Great wholesome food at affordable prices.

Dear skinny pizza, you've left a skinny impression on me. Once is enough. Time for some real food that gives you calories and leaves you with a warm, content, happy feeling. After all isn't that what food is all about?