“Great value and a great place to hang out”

Singapore Polo Club Food And Beverage
Ranked #3,386 of 11,300 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We go reasonably regularly on Sundays and as long as you manage your expectations you can have an excellent meal.

Granted the service is not really up to high end restaurant standard but it is honest and friendly and if you engage the staff politely and nicely you'll find them incredibly eager to please rather than if you just complain, sometimes you need to put in to get back..........

Value for money wise it's very tough to beat, especially given the ambience and the opportunity to watch a polo match right in front of you if you're there later in the day.

The food can be a bit variable granted and it helps if you know the menu in that respect. Last evening was a typical example where I ordered the mutton biriyani which was superb and my wife ordered the mutton curry which was dreadful! The staff offered immediately to take the curry off the bill, my wife had an ice cream cone instead and everyone was happy.

Do not expect 5 star cuisine and 5 star service, you might have to wait around occasionaly for something but for the price and the setting it's a pretty good deal we think.

1  Thank DuffnGuff

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A group of us went to the Singapore Polo Club for dinner and drinks. Good place for the kids to play and swim while we ate. The burgers were top notch, cooked just as we like them. A plateful with crispy fries, and lettuce, tomatoe pickle and cheese piled on. Drinks were good sized with a good beer menu.
Only open to the public during the week.

1  Thank herbelman
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Value for money place to eat, even for non-members with a unique view.

Staff are willing and wanting to serve and I have always had good service, even to the point of being given a 'home-made Beechum's' remedy when I visited and was suffering from a c&c.

Menu is varied and it is likely that a guest will find something tempting, within it. I had deep fried calamari, hot tea and even hotter chili dip and boy, was it good at 4 in the afternoon!
To top things off, a pizzeria and gelato counter!
Visit is recommended!

1  Thank gs-serving
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The place is very airy and green, overlooking a large expanse of beautifully lawned grass. We had a business lunch (around 15 persons). The service was nearly non-existent even though the restaurant was not crowded. In the menu, it was shown as "Mexican Quesadilla", this was what I ordered. Over ONE HOUR later, the dish arrived. It was not a "Mexican Quesadilla" as I expected it to be. It was cooked negligently and did not taste good. The F&B manager should go online and check what exactly is Mexican Quesadilla before putting it on the menu. And no, it is not a place that I would return or recommend to others.

2  Thank I S
Polo R, Manager at Singapore Polo Club Food And Beverage, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear I S,

Thank you for your feedback of 19 December 2012 regarding the food and services you received when you visited Polo Restaurant.

First and foremost, please allow us to express our deepest apologies for the lapse of service you received. We are implementing a stricter quality control on food and services. We thank you for your feedback which enable us to improve further on our weak area.

We sincerely hope you will visit Polo Restaurant again for us to show our improvements and efforts.

Looking foward to welcome you in the near future.

James Koh

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a place you would not only visit for the food or drinks, but more the atmosphere of total vibes of long passed times. Sitting on the porch, looking at the grass and stables, you can just imagine what life was 50 years ago, ... Only had a small salad here for lunch, but I enjoyed it very much.

1  Thank ca_lovers