“My choice of Dim Sum”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Whenever the appetite for dim sum wells up in me, Imperial Treasure Nan Bei Restaurant is the place I lobby for. Why? The Xiao Long Bao is comparable to Din Tai Fung and the meat pattie is juicy, tasty and has a crunchy bite of water chestnuts, not forgetting too that the stock from it is simply delightful. Their beef brisket and tendon stew is tender, well marinated and the meat falls apart at the bite. I once tried their Stewed Pork Trotter -- it is not too fat, the skin which is full of collagen is the meat is really tender and the sauce is thick and rich and I cannot help but ask for a bowl of rice to soak in the sauce. For dessert, my all-time favorite is the Deep fried egg white with banana and mashed red beans.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This review is for the branch on the 5/F of Takishimaya. I went there with my family for mid autumn festival dinner on Sunday (30 September). All the dishes were very good, especially the san guo yu with ginger. Their vegetables was nice too. My mom asked for the second serving of Almond Nuts, and when we left the restaurant, the manageress gave my mom a whole can of Almond Nuts, to her surprise.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This review is for Imperial Treasure Teochew at #04-20 of Ngee Ann City, as I could not find entry for it in Tripadvisor. Imperial Treasure is my favourite 'chain' or Chinese eateries in SIngapore (same quality of food but much better service than Crystal Jade), and the Teochew branch is a frequent stop because of the location.