“Great Value for Money”
Review of Basilico

Basilico
Ranked #16 of 11,073 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Authentic and Seasonal Italian Food. Antipasti Station, Espresso Bar, Dessert Counter, Wine Cellar and Wine Club, Al Fresco Dining, Private Dining.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We dined here while staying at the Regent on a recent holiday to Singapore. We went on a Saturday night and the restaurant was very busy but we were seated almost immediately. We chose the special which was the antipasti and dessert buffet with a choice of main course. Both my husband's Angus steak and my fish were nicely presented and very tasty. We enjoyed the selection of both buffets. Having eaten out in other restaurants during a stay, we found the prices at Basilico to be great value for money. The service was excellent, prompt and friendly and although it wasn't perhaps an intimate dinner setting because of the buffet, nevertheless we didn't feel the presence of the other diners.

Regent_Managament, Guest Relations Manager at Basilico, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Dorothy,
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dinner experience at Basilico. We are happy to receive such positive feedback and I will certainly share your kind comments with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Regent and Basilico in the near future.

Best regards,
Food & Beverage Guest Relations Manager

There are newer reviews for Basilico

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was staying at the Regent Hotel and had arrived late in the evening, so I ate at Basilico out of convenience. The service was dreadful. We had to wave our arms in the air on several occasions in order to get any attention, and the meals for some of our guests arrived 10 minutes apart. There was nothing wrong with the food but the service needs serious attention.

1  Thank Back_to_Sandringham

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to have you staying at Regent Singapore and welcome you at Basilico recently. Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are very concerned to learn of your dissapointment and we would like to sincerely apologize for that. Please honor us with an opportunity to further discuss the events with you. My email address is julie.hanssen@fourseasons.com, my direct line +65 6725 3075. Thank you!
Best regards, Julie Hanssen

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have read so much great things about Basilico and finally had the chance to visit during the Restaurant Week. Perhaps its precisely that hence the standard of fare did not meet our expectations - from the buffet-style appetisers and desserts to the mains. The saving grace was the good service from the wait staff. Tables were placed so close together that it was impossible to have a decent conversation with your partner. Most of the time, we were listening in to our neighbor's loud conversation. In addition, through no fault of the wait staff, we had to wait almost 1.5 hours for our mains to be served. The excuse was a long list of orders to process. We were perfectly fine with the wait though. The problem started when our steaks were served. Our order was medium and the steaks were served almost well done. We sent back and the kitchen had the service staff to bring it back to us to show that it was medium right deep inside the piece of meat. First, I think we have dined in enough restaurants and cooked enough steaks at home to tell what is medium and what is well done. Second, for a five star establishment, that is the last thing I would expect. By the time we finished our mains, the desserts counter was left with little leftovers because it was so late. All in all, not a good experience for us. I don't know, perhaps if it wasn't part of the Restaurant Week, the quality might have been a lot better. For the price we paid including a bottle of wine, I think we might have enjoyed more at their famed Sunday brunch.

1  Thank Webbywabbit

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent review on our Basilico Restaurant on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated but I was very concerned to learn about the different shortfalls during your recent dinner experience within the Restaurant Week.

We always strive for the highest levels of services and quality and I would like to sincerely apologize for falling short on this occasion.

It is my responsibility to ensure the satisfaction of all guests, and to ensure every guest experiences the very highest level of products and services. I would appreciate it if you could advise your email address or telephone number so I can personally contact you for further details.

Best regards,
F&B Guest Relations Manager
julie.hanssen@fourseasons.com, direct line: +65 6725 3075

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have been wanting to dine at this classy and elegant Italian restaurant for a while, what more, enjoy a good Italian buffet. So here we are finally.

So, it works this way - order a main course, and one is entitled to the Buffet selection at the round counter. We had thought that it was an entirely Italian buffet concept, counters filled with platters of different Italian pizzas and pastas, but it was not so. Nonetheless, we ordered a Main Course each, and then went ahead to attack the buffet bar.

The mains came. One of the items was the gigantic and thickly-crusted woodfire Squid Ink Pizza with Smoked Salmon and caviar - delicious, but mostly because of the sumptuous factor from the salmon and caviar. The crust was a little thick for my liking, and "squid ink" could not be tasted though it is rather evident in color. I thought it was a tad dry, but we were assured that traditional, authentic woodfire Italian pizzas are such - so we learned to enjoy the moment and chew.

Finally, my King Scallops - a mouthwatering, grilled dish of succulent, juicy, bouncy pieces of heaven served on sticks. Yes, they were huge, and each bite was a delight. The scallops tasted of the sweet, faint distinct metallic taste of seafood that I absolutely adore, and the bouncy meat was meltingly soft. This was the winner of all four, for sure - and the only one that got polished 100% (duh!)

For more detailed information and photos, do pop in:

Regent_Managament, Guest Relations Manager at Basilico, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear ArcticStar,
Thank you so much for your valuable and very detailed feedback on TripAdvisor as well as on yuor blog. I have shared it with the kitchen as well as the floor staff. It is only through feedback like this that we can truly achieve the high standards we aim to provide.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly to julie.hanssen@fourseasons.com if you wish to make any future arrangements, I would be my pleasure to personally look after your requirements.

Best,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I must say, i go there from time to time and i never get out disappointed. i went for Sunday Branch and the selection of food is absolutely outstanding. you will find cheese in there that are difficult to find even in Italy, selection from everywhere in Italy.
The risotto with truffles is a must and when you finish with all the main course and you start with the dessert, you just wish you did not eat that much before, because they are out of this world.
Service always very professional and kind.

Dear LoreSInga,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review on TripAdvisor.com!
I am glad that our food selection, its quality and the service staff made your experience exceptional. It’s what we strive to do every day, to go above and beyond for our guests.
Please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly to julie.hanssen@fourseasons.com, if you wish to make any future arrangements, I would be my pleasure to personally look after your requirements.
We look forward to your next visit!
Best,