“A good choice”

Ranked #118 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Australia
“A good choice”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Yes, the rooms are tiny, but they are clean and well serviced and the hotel is well located. I stayed there 4 nights. The upside was that it was cheap and the staff were friendly and helpful - they even loaned me an umbrella during a sudden downpour - and there are good eating options nearby. (you can get a $2 breakfast at the covered market and a great dinner at Boon Tong Kee) The downside was that is was a small room, even though I had a superior single. There is free WiFi, but no where to comfortably set up a computer to work on. The TV was pretty much limited to CNN and there was no restaurant on site - so you really need to look on this as a clean comfortable cheaper place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank jinilil
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotels Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Jinilil,

Thank you for the kind words and support following your stay with us at Aqueen Balestier Hotel.

We are delighted to read that the staffs were friendly and helpful during your visit; we constantly seek to engage our guests. We have also noted your suggestions and will have these reviewed.

Thank you once again.

Aqueen Hotels Management Team
customercare@aqueenhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Recently stayed in this hotel 1-6 Dec, the staff are pleasant. Although housekeeping is sloppy,
management please pay more attention to detail, the walls in room 606 need cleaning. Also wiping out coffee mugs with a cloth and then cleaning the mirror with the same is not hygienic. Not to mention, spraying water on the floor and rubbing it over with a bath mat using your feet. The power to my room 608 went out on two occasions with reception needing to be called,also
the occupant of 606's room was missed completely one day by housekeeping, and again reception needed to be called.
All in all, a disappointing stay at this hotel. Will not be recommending this hotel to friends and people travelling to Singapore.

Room Tip: Look for other options, than this hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Dianne H,

Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us at Aqueen Balestier Hotel.

We are appalled at what had happened in the process of our rooms being cleaned. Please have our assurance that this is certainly not our hotel practice. We take careful measures to ensure that cleanliness of the rooms is maintained and that no cross-contamination occurs through the use of coloured cloths for different cleaning purposes.

We have since conducted investigations and reprimanded the new staff involved for not adhering to standards. We apologise for the unpleasant experience you had; we hope that you will provide us with another opportunity to show you the dedicated and genuine service that is Aqueen.

orange county, california
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here one night, rooms are clean but small, bed definitely took some adjusting too since it is hard and room was quiet although it was facing the street. MRT was 15 min walk away to Novena stop. Did the job for one night stay, friendly staff and good price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lia p
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Lia P,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay at Aqueen Balestier Hotel and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Singapore.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed November 4, 2013

thanks for BOOKING.COM to help me find this hotel.This is an old building but a new hotel.Their staff are all hospitality & warm. I stayed the mini room for sevral days with three big trunks, feel good.
There are many food stores around the hotel,it is near to SMRT Novena or Tobayao.

Room Tip: Rooms face to the apartment are quiet.
1 Thank gracesunsun
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Gracesunsun,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay with us. The feedback we received from our valued guests enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

We hope that you will continue to support us and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The bed is as hard as a wooden floor! I can't sleep very well during my stay there..

Also:
- The location was very far from MRT and the bus route is confusing too
- No concierge or anyone who could help me bring my luggage or in my case, my Ikea cupboard from the lobby to the room and when I checked out and bring to my taxi. Thank you for the nice man from the reception who helped me once
- During the first night, there was a cleaning service lady (?) who opened the door while I was inside the room
- On the second night, there was a fire alarm very early in the morning blaring over and over and over again, which happened to be the electricity error -- but the announcement was blaring everywhere for 15 minutes. In the morning. Not nice.
- They don't serve breakfast -- but there's a new food market few minutes away

The good point is: I got a room with a window

Am I gonna go back to this hotel the next time I go to Singapore? Definitely NOT.

7 Thank burgundylips
jakarta
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

First time I stayed at this hotel. The room was small but efisien, everything you need is there, and on reach. Simple, clean, and modern. It's like your own studio apartment. I only stayed for 3 days, I wish I had more time to explore Singapore while staying here. The location is good, not too crowded, but you can easily go everywhere you want to go. The staff was very helpful and friendly. At that time I stayed there, the main lobby was in renovation, so there's no bar or cafe when my friends visited me there, so we must go somewhere else to chat. The price compare to any other hotels on the same street, I think aqueen has the best price and it's worthed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Kumilkriwil,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Your comments are an inspiration to the Aqueen Balestier Hotel team and we will relay your positive comments to all of them.

Thank you for choosing Aqueen Balestier Hotel as your lodging of choice and we are look forward to have you again.

Jakarta
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have 3 nights stayed in Aqueen Balestier. And yes I love it. Clean, modern,very convenient to get around, there is a new food court just open a few block from hotel. For me over all is ok, located near Orchard. We have to take a bus, but very easy and cheap. I don't have to walk far, because the bus stop its in front of hotel. Only SGD. 1.10. for bus fare , and Taxi SGD. 6.00 - 8.00. The room is small, so I don't have to walk far to get somethin I need :) It's free wi-fi. The receptions was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner is nice but a bit noise from the street.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CustCareAqueen, Aqueen Hotel Management Team at Aqueen Hotel Balestier, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Risa,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us.

We are very glad that you were able to use the location of the hotel to your advantage and we appreciate the compliments on our rooms and the staff.

It was our pleasure to have you as one of our guests and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you again for your future travel needs.