“Really soft, fluffy idlis”
Review of Murugan Idli Shop

Murugan Idli Shop
Ranked #1,977 of 11,593 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was taken to this shop by some of my Indian friends who knew a lot about Indian breakfast items. They claimed that Murugan's had the best idli & they were certainly RIGHT.
Not only were the idlis soft & fluffy but the variety of chutneys they had were outstanding.
Service is a little slow & they are a little on the high side but for the best, I don't mind paying good money.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I feel so nice when I get to this full flavored south indian restaurant. Great food and not expensive as well.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here. We had masala dosai and uttapam and a friend had ghee masala dosai. Normal masala dosa was $4.70 I think which is a bit expensive compared to other places in Little India but it was really lovely and crisp. The dal was very nice and you get another 4 sambals with it. Uttapam was very different to those I had so far, very fluffy. Service was ok but had trouble understanding each other, but nothing major. I will be going back!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went to the one on Race course road. I think it's that same establishment at different locations. First time I had steam idli with 3 different chutneys and sambhar. I liked it so much that I have to go again. Second time I had tamarind rice and idlis. Great! I had very good experience here with the food. Best place to eat south indian food if you are in Little India area. It's not expansive. Indian food tend to be expensive and I shy away from going alone to eat out while traveling especially Indian food. This place is not expensive and worth the money spent.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great place, nice location although the wait was inevitable. Good value for money. Excellent choice for vegetarians.