Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great location, good free computer/internet/washing/dryer, tidy shower/toilets, good aircon (important coz it was hot!!!), only downsides were tiny room, no natural lighting and no service (e.g. towel change). Close to Chinatown MRT station, quiet as well despite being above a bar, close to lots of food/restaurants/street stalls/market and water from taps seemed fine to drink. squeaky bed...although less so when lying horizontally at the end of the bed :)

Room tip: our room was up two lots of stairs and at the end away from computer/bathroom/kitchen (room number 9) found it nice and quiet
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kiwi-nzer
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Next to the China Town street, but far enough from the trouble. So room was quiet. Staff was nice and very helpful. Room was extremely small and everything was tight. But seems to be Singapore standard. Shared facility was OK and clean. Free WiFi. Even an internet terminal was provided. All in all: a good cheap accommodation with a fair price for a private room, if you like China Town: 4 points.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank GiovanniBKK
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is my 4th times stay. And my last experiende was worst ever. Yes they have open new building besidebfor dorm room. But got dorm just front of the bathroom. Very noisy. They said a room of 4. But it is only a room partition with wood, and close only with pkastic cover, not door.

Well thisbtime the bath room nit smelly. But for the bad sheet wondrrful

2  Thank Andry M
Reviewed December 4, 2012

just been there few days back. Me n my other friend booked the all female dorm room. We just book on the spot. With S$25 / bed / night, it's really worth it. Clean bathroom , clean bedsheet, & clean towel provided. There's also free wi-fi inside the hostel . And if you have no smartphone, no worries, u still can surf with their free net surfing located at the top floor.

With just few minutes walk from Chinatown MRT station, this place is definitely shud be in ur list! Plus, there's also a bar located at the lower ground of the hostel for ur "refreshments"!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank hilwani_g
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is my first time staying at a hostel, so I didn't know what to expect.
Booking was hassle-free. I booked on their website (http://www.backpackersinn.com.sg/) and it had all the rates upfront with the days they are booked by rooms, which is awesome.

Checking in was easy too. The staff was very friendly. We were required to give an extra SGD10 as a deposit which will be returned upon check-out. We were given an access card which meant there was no curfew. We were also given a room key. One of the staffs showed us around. The hostel was clean, so I was happy about that!

But when I got to the room, I realized that the bedsheet is stained! There were black (and blue?) ink stains on it. I wouldn't say that the staff overlooked it because it was really obvious. I know the room is cheap (we had a double room, SGD65 a night) but I don't think it justifies a stained bedsheet :( Also, the mattress was really hard. I actually didn't sleep well because of this. The plus side is, they provided a towel and a blanket for each person, which is nice =D (the blanket was slightly musty though)

The facilities they had was a washer and a dryer, free drinkable water, wifi (this is a godsend! especially if you're a foreigner) and two desktop terminals if you prefer surfing on a computer. The bathroom is clean and it even has a hairdryer :O

Checkout was hassle-free. Just had to pass them the room keys and access card to get back our SDG10 deposit.

All-in-all, a cheap place to stay, you get what you pay for. I might come back if I need a cheap place to stay, but I will try to look elsewhere first next time =)

Date of stay: November 2012