Lowest prices for your stay
$37
Priceline
$32
Free cancellation until 10/02/21
Agoda.com
$29
Free cancellation until 10/02/21
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2011

First of all, you should keep in mind that this is an hostel with shared area, so this should be rated as per it's category, not like an hotel. I was welcomed by a friendly lady who showed me the room, I was surprised by the cleanliness of the place, bed sheet & blanket smelt good, confy bed & pillow. I choose to bed on the top bed between four on the corridor rather than the shared room. I appreciate the hot shower, clean(this is for share but I didn't have to wait) you even have the possibility to use a washing machine, fridge& microwave. The is a locker to keep your stuff safe, but I felt very secure in this place. Another nice addition free CPU access and free WIFI! Regarding noise, there is a club on the ground floor but you don't hear it, it can be very quiet, this will only depending on your share mate. There was a family who check-in around 11-midnight who were quiet noisy but undo that, relaxing.
I was looking for a cheap stay during my visa run and I'm happy that I found that place. It definatly worth the stay if you are on a budget. I highly recommend and will surely consider to stay again if I come alone.

Date of stay: December 2011
4  Thank Ben_MiMi-TH
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We changed our plan so arrive Singapore earlier and was introduced to this terrible hostel. The room is not a real room. We had to sleep with staff. A bar is under the hostel so it's very noisy at night. People who have sleep problem should not go there. Bathroom is extremely small so we had to take shower on the toilet and avoided wetting our clothes. Staff are not friendly. Some hair on my girlfriend's quilt. DO NOT COME HERE ANYMORE!!!

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MingWu
Reviewed July 27, 2011

well what is your expectation when you are travelling on a very budget cost, and visiting a country which has a very expensive room rate?

SINGAPORE: food rate so so, attraction rate so so, HOTEL RATE EXPENSIVE.

i do check in on Backpackers inn Chinatown with the rate of $22 (singpore dollar) for a night. I just hoping a clean room, a good Air Conditioner, a comfort bed, a clean bathroom (with a hot shower).........

YES I GOT IT ALL in backpackers inn chinatown.... the staff is well english based, and everything just perfect as my budget rate. No noise.... good location (only a minute walk away from CHINATOWN MRT), lot of food hawker outside.

if you want kind of real room (no mix), with ABF breakfast, and without disturb with noisy and a very helpfull staff.. consider to take another room with a budget of $90 singpore. Thats the cheapest room i've ever got within the good location.

RECOMMENDED for BUDGETED TRAVELLER, whose has a very little activity on the room

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Andry M
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We spend one night in this hostel, at the end of a business trip to Singapore. The location is good - only a short walk from Chinatown MRT, and near the foodcourts. We had a private room with a double bed. The room was quite small and impossible to walk around the bed. The common area had a small kitchen with washing machine, tumble drier and microwave, and fridge and place to hang up washing. There was two bathrooms, of the typical types found all over Singapore and Malaysia whereby the toilet and shower is the same room. The walsl of this place is rather thin and you can hear people talk in other rooms. There was also a bunch of noisy people who arrived after midnite. Admittedly, this can happen anywhere and not only at this hostel. In general it was ok, and quite clean, and should be suitable for anyone travelling on a budget and need a place to sleep only a night or two. The price of this room for the two of us was S$55.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank msjvanrooy
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is a budget hostel. What more can you ask for? They provide clean beds, shared bathroom, kitchen, movie are, and free Internet via computers.

Date of stay: December 2010