Value Hotel Balestier
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$180
$156
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$251
$212
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$228
$177
  • Restaurant
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$319
$253
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$191
MarinaBaySands
$296
$237
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$214
$114
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$280
$205
  • Pool
All reviewsbus stopboon tong keeconvenient storevery clean hotelnearest mrt stationroom size ispublic transportlittle indiavisit singaporerooms are smallstayed here for nightseasy accessconvenient locationhotel staffchangi airportnovenataxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had a room with no window .. the room is very small but clean .. no cupboard and no space on the head table. I put all my stuffs on the second bed as I was alone . The bathroom is very tiny that you might hit the basin while showering and water flooded all over the toilet seat. The wall is very thin so you can hear every sounds on the floor.

No restaurant in the hotel but I found a local open air food center not far from the hotel. From the hotel you turn right and walk for about 200 meters and then turn right again at the traffic light, There is bus stop in front of the hotel so it's very easy to go every where .. the bus # 124 takes you to Orchard Road in just 30 mins. If you want to go by MRT, take the bus #124 and off at Newton station (that's about 5-6 stops).

I redeemed the room from a member club and paid only service charges and tax, if I'll pay all for myself I will consider using other hotel.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more and choose room with window.. it might be bigger if not at least you don't feel like you are in jail.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AmeliaP487
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have mixed feelings about this hotel.on arrival staff helpfully and friendly ...they upgraded us Tia room with a window,Aton extra cost. Room very tiny and clean , bathroom seems seems to have been revamped, only objection is the bathroom so small and they squeezed a shower without an enclosure, u needed a shower after the shower as the floor was flooded,so the second person using had to use a towel to mop up the toilet seat ,the floor to dry and clean the bathroom ,risky business coming Frm the bathroom to the room! Also insulation between rooms non existent!
Very noisy , would hesitate to use this hotel again,if u want to book this hotel bring a mop and towels!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azy60
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Overall was good..i had room without windows but it doesn't matter if u didn't stay @ room for a long time...standard small toilet n room facilities, enough for budget traveller..there was bus stop in front of hotel so it made us easy to go everywhere..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShioriB
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

As soon as my friends and I arrived to Singapore airport we were excited about our time here. Once the taxi driver dropped us off at our hotel, we decided the outside wasn't too bad looking and at least there was a tiny tiny cheers store next door for last minute food stock ups. The lobby smelt nice and was very clean. When we arrived to our room, we were completely shocked at the actual 'value' off it. We paid for a cheaper room, but there are best westerns in the US much cheaper, have clean reasonable sized rooms and even complimentary breakfast. Our room had no windows and could hardly fit two suitcases in. Our bedside table had no clock, or any space to put anything on it, the drawers smelt of moldy cheese. The air con is horrible, I swear the person who mans it probably coughs god knows what into the generator every 5 minutes and pollutes the whole hotel. You cant even make it colder or hotter, it won't let you change the thermostat without it randomly converting back to its set temperature within 5 seconds. The bathroom smelt like a dead cat died in there along with soaked sewage. We actually had to switch rooms because the stench was so bad. The bathroom is all in one, you basically have a shower head that is right next to the toilet and it is impossible to NOT drench everything in the room. Then your bathroom floor and toilet is drenched with an extremely slippery floor. Very easy to slip over and hurt yourself quite badly. They don't even provide racks in the bathroom except for this minute grate at the roof which will fit either your underwear, towel or soap. So you just have to choose wisely... No fan in the bathroom so you're basically blind in there when having a shower. The sink isn't really a sink, it's more of a water tank. If you have the tap running for more than 15 seconds it starts to flood the basin. I have no clue what these cleaners use to clean the bathroom with but it's absolutely disgusting after we come back everyday. Not to mention they chuck the cleaning bottles down your sink when they are done, so you get a nasty suprise if you're brushing your teeth too long. Staff are unhelpful and don't go out of your way to make you feel welcome or comfortable, but then again we found that out with most of Singapore. Advice to you, if you think you've found yourself a bargain here then run. Don't look back. Don't ever stay here or even put it as a possibility. The walls are paper thin and can hear everything that's going on outside. Especially prostitutes. I wouldn't wish this five star jail cell on my worst enemy. Consider yourself lucky that you now have been warned of this incredible hole of a hotel...

• Stayed: February 2013
10  Thank silverfiction
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I always cringe with the expensive and lack of clean budget hotels in Singapore. We were trying to avoid the seedy parts (Geylang) so we opt for Value Balestier. Everything was great, clean, new toilets and basic. The bus stop was right at the entrance, so its super easy to get around.

The downside is that the walls are paper thin so it can get a lil noisy, you can hear guests talking and walking outside your door. You can hear actual conversations. Also our bedroom view was the backside of some old shop lots. So its kinda gross. But I guess you can't expect much when you're on a budget. I still think SGD150 a night is expensive for a budget hotel.

Having to travel frequently to Singapore I'd say this is the best budget place I've stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple