“Singapore airlines economy”

Flight Experience Flight Simulator
Ranked #2 of 139 Fun & Games in Singapore
More attraction details
Owner description: FIRST IN ASIA - REAL FLIGHT SIMULATOR FOR THE PUBLIC!Welcome to the Captain's Seat! Prepare yourself for the trip of a lifetime.Based on the world's most popular aircraft the BOEING 737-800NG - This is your opportunity to fly a real flight simulator, normally reserved for the exclusive training of professional pilots. You will be in control from take-off to touchdown with as much, or as little guidance as you wish, from our fully trained instructors - all qualified commercial pilots. With more than 20,000 worldwide airports, 180 degree curved screen,the very latest High Definition (HD) Visual System (6,000,000 pixels!),CASA approval and licensed by Boeing - this is as real as it gets! We have a variety of packages including preparation for airline interview, Flying with Confidence, Schools Programmes, gifts and incentives.We'll look forward to welcoming you on board very soon!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Southampton, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Singapore airlines economy”
Reviewed March 22, 2013
Pending review

13 hours in total each way was not the hardship we expected. Space was reasonable - service was excellent. Food good & drink availabilty fine with international brands throughout.
Check in & related services all good with the total price paid for return flights being competive with their major competitors.
Good luck.

• Turkish first
Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great flight experience !!!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a great time flying a Boeing 737 over New-York, Sint-Maarten and Europe. The instructor was very friendly. He took time to explain how the plane worked and also allowed us to take a lot of pictures.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Sultan S
Seneca, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A Life's Dream”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I love flying! In my twenties, I took 5 hours of flight lessons in a Cessena 172. Alas, kids, a mortgage and tuition kind of put a damper on getting a license. Since then, I probably spent a few hundred hours on a Microsoft flight simulator, learning the terminology, controls and instruments and "flying" around the US.

I was in Singapore recently and found the Flight Experience 737-800 flight simulator. It was one of those cost be damned moments (although it wasn't bad considering the equipment and experience). I went for 45 minutes and was absolutely blown away! I did three landings and take offs with my "copilot" instructor (a real deal flight instructor) and fulfilled a life's dream! Realism? My armpits were soaked as I did my final landing into JFK. My instructor Jon told me several times, laughing, breath! I've watched the CD of the flights numerous times since getting back home, smiling, and learning, each time I watch it and the picture of Jon and I in the cockpit sits on my fireplace mantel. Had I not had to fly to Hanoi the next day I would have been back for another hour or so. Unfortunately this experience is not available in the US.

Jon and Flight Experience, thank you! It was a rip!

Mike Stevenson

300 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 271 helpful votes
“Good experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife bought me the 45 minute experience at SGD215 (US$180) for me as a birthday present; and an indulgent one at that.

As I have an private pilot's license this was a chance to try my hand at something larger than a Cessna, and I found it quite a challenge, but a very good one at that.
The instructor was very helpful and clearly highly skilled, rescuing me on a number of occasions from crash landing.

Perhaps if it cost a little less it might attract more visitors ?

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Johnpsau
Melbourne, Australia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Seeing it was my birthday, I decided to do this in Singapore. I was lucky enough to discover it whilst going through this website! Just as well I did discover it. For about SGD$200 had the best time, and being an aviation enthusiast, I enjoyed it even more.

The set up is the cockpit of a 737-800 and for my 45 mins I was shown an instructional video, then on to the main event. I got asked to chose 2 airports, (I chose Singapore & Narita). During this time you are instructed by a qualified pilot, who acts as your co-pilot for the entire experience. You are the captain and you control the plane.

During the time, you get to taxi onto the runway, take off, do a circuit then land again at both airports you choose. You really have to concentrate on the controls, as you encounter turbulence and oncoming aircraft. So your multitasking skills are really put to the test!

In reality, time went so fast whilst doing this, as I was having so much fun! I would easily do it again. I got the photo as well as the DVD. I had to pay extra for these, but who cares, it was a nice memento of the event!

Visited February 2013